Senior Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 875020BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 13, 2021
As a part of Disney, Disney Media Entertainment Distribution (“DMED”) is the place to connect technical and entertainment excellence. Here, you will work alongside the best, chart your own career course and help create the next generation of media and entertainment. It’s an exciting time as we work across multiple platforms and on multiple continents, all while changing the face of media. And, you could be a part of the next evolution.
Responsibilities:Accounting and Reporting for DMED Marketing Paid Media & Digital Media Operations. The position will be primarily responsible for the following key functions:
- Ensure timely and accurate quarterly SEC financial reporting for all DMED Marketing functional line items
- Conduct monthly meetings with DMED marketing and finance teams to compare budget and actuals
- Day-to-day general ledger activities, including preparing journal entries and account reconciliations in accordance with The Walt Disney Company (“TWDC”)accounting policies and procedures
- Research and prepare explanations for income statement and balance sheet variances for DMED Marketing related accounts
- Subject matter expert on project settlement (wbs) reporting for DMED Marketing projects
- Ability to read detailed media agency plans
- Help with implementation of the M360 marketing spend system by partnering with Finance, Marketing, and Project Management teams
- Created meaningful change by identifying and implementing new efficiencies
- 2+ years of public accounting, month-end close, general ledger accounting, and/or reporting experience
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Good relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”
- A good communicator in both oral and written settings
- Flexible, “special-projects” orientation coupled with solid multi-tasking abilities
- High energy level; strong work ethic
- Growth-oriented, collaborative, and dedicated team player
- Proficient in Excel
- SAP system experience preferred
- Work experience within the marketing & entertainment industry would be considered a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.