Sr Financial Accounting AnalystApply NowApply Later Job ID 940343BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 16, 2022
- Assist with technical accounting areas which require contract analysis
- Track and update deals impacted by greenlight (step up) accounting
- Help with deal updates and accounting for content buyback agreements
- Support intercompany entries and eliminations related to internal producer and network agreements
- Prepare and Coordinate ASC 606 revenue disclosures
- Act as a subject matter expert for the TV distribution COE revenue cycle with a primary focus on TFCF producer groups
- Partner with Finance, Deal Management, Tax, Segment Financial Reporting, Corporate, among other teams to provide timely and reliable reporting deliverables and answer questions
- Assist with ongoing statutory accounting, reporting and audits for legacy TFCF legal entities, working closely with international accounting teams
- Aid with all internal and external audits (PwC, Sox, MA, Talent Audit)
- Complete quarterly Balance Sheet account reconciliations
- Work on ad/hoc projects as they arise
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in accounting and/or financial reporting
- Strong understanding of accounting processes and internal controls
- Strong Excel skills
- Entertainment Industry Experience
- SAP Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Master’s degree (Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or related field preferred)
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services Co., LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services Co., LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.