Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Financial Reporting AnalystApply Now Apply Later Job ID 675881BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Jun. 07, 2019
Job Summary:The Enterprise Reporting team is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s 10K/10Q filing process and other SEC and non-SEC financial statement deliverables for various reporting requirements. This team also prepares analyses for internal reporting requirements, including balance sheet, income statement, and cash flow analyses for the Company’s four distinct business segments (Media Networks; Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products; Studio Entertainment; Direct-to-Consumer and International). In responding to executives, analysts or press inquiries concerning the Company, there is significant interaction between Enterprise Reporting and several key corporate departments, including Investor Relations, Corporate Communications, Financial Planning and Analysis, Treasury, and the office of the CFO. This position offers multiple opportunities to showcase analytical skills.
- Support the quarterly close and consolidation processes to ensure timely and accurate generation of TWDC consolidated financial statements
- Prepare quarterly Enterprise balance sheet analysis, goodwill and intangible roll forward
- Assist in preparing the press release, annual report, Forms 10-K & 10Q, and other SEC documents; assist in preparing the audit committee meeting material, provide external auditors with the supporting documentation and respond to inquiries
- Monitor enterprise intercompany processes, identify and communicate risks as well as opportunities to improve the process, develop and implement process improvements, review segment submissions and prepare monthly and quarterly enterprise intercompany reconciliations
- Support implementation of off-quarter Enterprise-wide financial process improvement initiatives and facilitate as needed
- Help manage the Enterprise-wide Reconciliation process for several key accounts
- Lead/execute various ad-hoc projects
- Coordination and interaction with segment teams and executives in Controllership and Investor Relations, including preparing deliverables, ad hoc questions and analysis
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Must have a passion for accuracy and a desire to understand the “why”
- Must be detail oriented while being able to think big picture
- Strong relationship building skills and a highly professional “client service orientation”
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management
- Must be an excellent team player who possesses solid interpersonal and organizational skills
- Excellent communicator in both oral and written settings
- Flexible, “special-projects” orientation coupled with solid multi-tasking abilities
- High energy level, strong work ethic
- Self-driven, independent thinker
- Results-oriented, decisive
- Demonstrated track record of process improvements and desire to implement best practices
- Ability to meet tight/competing reporting deadlines
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity
- Professional demeanor, focused, articulate
- Flexibility in hours as required for deliverable deadlines
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel proficiency using pivot tables, Match Index, H- &V-lookups, etc., Outlook, Word, PowerPoint)
- Strong accounting and control knowledge required, specifically with respect to financial reporting and systems
- CPA Preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.