Sr. Full Stack Developer
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 667302BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 25/05/2019
Job Summary:The Senior Programmer Analyst applies practical knowledge of development and engineering to develop, test, and implement software fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications of moderate to high complexity. This position is for a full stack developer with front end focus to develop and maintain highly scalable software systems and applications.
- Focus on front-end technology stack, lead and develop end-to-end development and troubleshooting.
- Develops technical solutions that meet specifications and that impact future developments.
- Executes assigned component level software development projects and major fixes using new or existing technologies.
- Develops specifications for assigned components, projects or fixes.
- Reviews or writes code.
- Leads programming, testing and debugging of applications or fixes to existing applications.
- Creates protocols, documentation and tools for installation and maintenance.
- Participates in setting the architectural direction for software development projects.
- Develop specific components for assigned projects, developing specifications for each.
- Works independently or with designers to build user experiences or advise on design decisions.
- Interacts and coordinates deliverables with other technical groups in the organization.
- Executes assigned component level projects using new or existing technologies
- Reviews or troubleshoots and performs testing.
- Serves as a high level technical resource and “go-to” person for less experienced developers, providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Five to eight years of progressively related experience in design, development, and implementation of highly scalable, high-volume software systems and components, client-facing web applications, and major Internet-oriented applications and systems.
- Significant knowledge/experience in relevant areas, such as:
- CS Fundamentals
- Development Tools
- Single Page Applications
- Agile Methodology
- UX Design
- Information Architecture
- X-Browser compatibility
- Automated testing (unit/integration/etc…)
- Database Design
- HTTP Protocol
- Web Services (SOAP & REST)
- Python, PHP, JSP or other scripting languages
- Software Performance Optimization (memory, CPU, scaling, etc...)
- Browser Performance and Security
- Cloud development (AWS, GCP, etc…)
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar field or related work experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.