Sr Interactive EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10020893 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 05, 2022 Flex Type On-Site
- This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a Company designated location on an ongoing basis.
The Play Disney Parks team is looking for a Senior Interactive Engineer. The position will work closely with Disney Parks leadership, Walt Disney Imagineering, and other partners across the Walt Disney company to develop and manage live operations of ground breaking digital experiences.
We want someone ready to collaborate with some of the best storytellers in the industry, leverage cutting edge technologies, and invent compelling and innovative game experiences with some of the most beloved characters, universes and worlds of all time. This position is responsible for working on a small agile team, discovering the next generation of family fun around the television, in our parks and on the go. As a team that is exploring new ideas, the skill set is broad, including the ability to build native mobile apps, native streaming platform apps, cloud services and game engines.
● Drive the design and development of advanced AR/VR/[XR] platforms, systems, and applications
● Design, develop, and maintain innovative software solutions based on the latest immersive production technologies
● Oversee the technical development and delivery of family and group play projects
● Inform and propose the technical strategy for projects, from early R&D prototypes to production-ready code
● Aid in the creation of proof-of-concepts that incorporate many technology layers
● Hands-on development of working, readable, testable and maintainable source code
● Manage relationships with outside vendors and partners as required
● Facilitate meetings and guide the technical conversations as required
● 6+ years of experience
● Proficiency with software prototyping tools and game engines (e.g. Unreal, Unity, etc.)
● Experience developing applications for Mobile and Streaming Platforms
● Experience in 3D solid and/or surface modeling, rigging, or animation (e.g. Maya, SolidWorks, SketchUp)
● Passion for Agile development
● Ability to communicate and organize cross functional teams
● Extensive game development knowledge across multiple genres and platforms
● Experience in AR/VR technology
● Experience with native mobile app development including languages, distribution and common IDE’s.
● Experience with hardware prototyping tools (e.g. Arduino, Raspberry Pi, micro controllers, sensors, etc.)
● Experience with native streaming platform app development
● Experience with cloud services
● Experience with pixel streaming services
● Geolocation experience
● Experience using JIRA and other Atlassian products.
● Experience with Unity and other game engines
● Direct experience with content creation pipelines
● Passion for Disney and its Resort Destinations
About Disney Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Disney Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.