Sr. Knowledge ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 770474BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Dec. 16, 2020
The Strategy team within GCO is responsible for setting the framework for execution, project management, setting KPIs and reporting on supply chain activity, as well as process improvement across the supply chain.
We are seeking a Sr Knowledge Manager, who will be part of the Strategy team within Global Content Operations in Glendale, CA, and reporting to the Director of Strategy. The team’s purview is end-to-end oversight of the content supply chain for Disney+. The Knowledge Manager will be responsible for owning our information management strategy, creating standardized documentation templates, and organizing our knowledge base for easy access.
With our growing business and developing workflows, we have an increasing need to centralize sources of truth to enhance communication, provide clarity and ultimately increase productivity. The ideal candidate will have a disciplined approach to information management, a sensible eye for design to clearly communicate key concepts in our documents, and be proactive to set best practices and lead change management for successful adoption.
- Create information management infrastructure and strategies to collate knowledge of business processes and all materials that the Global Content Operations team manages and uses
- Interview, document and understand the content supply chain lifecycle and relevant stakeholders and output workflows and RACI charts to clearly capture business processes
- Implement best practices of knowledge sharing across the team to keep everyone informed of the most accurate information
- Create presentations that use design elements to convey concepts effectively
- Standardize templates for documenting workflows, RACIs, presentations and reports
- Centralize and organize information on the shared Confluence wiki
- Create a robust onboarding plan for new hires and training plans for existing team members, ensuring documentation is up to date
- Collaborate with partner teams to ensure accessibility to key documents, as well as broadcast relevant updates to partners
- BA/BS degree knowledge management, information systems or related field
- 5+ years of experience in knowledge management or consulting
- Proficient in information management systems, strategies, and communication methodologies
- Ability to use design elements in presentations to effectively convey key points
- Excellent communication/listening skills to understand stakeholders’ information needs to enable faster decision making
- Experience in documenting workflows and capturing roles and responsibilities in easy-to-understand formats
- Can work independently and is a self-starter in this new role for the team
- 7+ years of experience in knowledge/information management or consulting
- Experience with a global company
- Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.