Sr Lead EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 551655BR Location Glendale, California, United States; San Francisco, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted May. 10, 2018
Job Summary:Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is seeking a Lead Software Engineer with a passion for building world-class products and a desire to change the way the Walt Disney Company interfaces with its guests. We are a fast-moving group tasked with delivering cross-platform integrated Disney experiences and retail experiences that will define the interactions of families online and change the way our customers experience our digital and physical assets. Our group enjoys a high level of autonomy and exposure to all parts of Disney and all levels of the organization. We are consumer-obsessed and always strive to deliver the best experience for our users while driving the most value for the Walt Disney Company.
- Help lead our engineering team focusing on retail systems, specifically concentrating on eCommerce, Order Management (OMS), Retail Management (RMS) and connecting systems and frameworks.
- Design, architect, and implement key infrastructure that enhances our commerce experiences, including interfaces and gateways between components.
- Collaborate with developers and development teams to deliver experiences that delight our guests.
- Resolve defects, support testing effort, and deploy production code on a frequent basis.
- Help recruit, interview, and onboard new talent as the team grows
- Be a technical pillar for the engineering team through collaboration and mentorship of other engineers.
- Analyze the technical feasibility of product features and help to guide feature development and roadmap from a technical perspective.
- Help to coordinate and estimate sprint tasks for engineering, working with the cross-functional team including product, program management, and QA, design. Potentially, depending on interest and capabilities, formally lead other engineers.
- Collaborate with DEVOPS team systems engineers on build deployment, continuous integration, and implementation strategy
- Expert knowledge of Java and Python languages
- 7-10+ years of full software development lifecycle experience.
- 7-10+ years of progressively more complex professional experience, with experience as an Architect or Lead Software Engineer
- Experience designing and developing Server Side applications in the retail and eCommerce space.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Excellent and deep understanding of design patterns and modern, highly scalable application development.
- Organized, detail-oriented and able to deliver projects on time.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Highly motivated, self-starting individual
- Experience building use case driven software with Agile Software Development and Test Driven Development methodologies
- Experience with SaaS based retail or commerce systems, such as Demandware/CommerceCloud or CommerceTools.
- Experience with Order Management systems such as IBM Sterling or similar systems.
- Experience with payment systems and gateways, such as WorldPay and Chase Paymentech.
- Experience with Payment Card Industry (PCI) standards and Security
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience required
- Masters degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.