Sr. Manager, Application Development
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 758869BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 24, 2020
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technological leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences.
Senior Manager, Application Development is a strong technology leadership role in the Global Consumer Products (a division of Disney Parks, Experience and Products) Licensing and Publishing Technology group. This role will lead technology teams to deliver solutions to multiple disciplines of Contract Lifecycle Management, Revenue Accounting, and Forecasting.
Responsibilities:The Senior Manager will focus on the following key responsibility areas, but not limited to: Vision and Strategy, Portfolio Management, People Management, Business Engagement, and Production Sustainment.
Vision and Strategy
- Creates and executes the short and long-term application roadmap with input from the business stakeholders and other technology leaders
- Have deep knowledge with industry trend and set and lead technology strategy
- Drive technology innovation
- Leads technology teams within implementation projects, including development teams
- Delivers high-quality, scalable and cost-effective technology solutions that meet business requirements and conform to architectural designs and technology strategies
- Effectively partner with software vendors and managed service providers to ensure that they deliver to their commitments, and to the needs of the business
- Responsible for security and compliance
- Builds and manages high-performance and highly-motivated teams
- Manages and mentors team of direct reports by providing career path conversations and guidance, and helping them achieve goals through effective development and training plans
- Builds strong relationships with and manages large and diverse groups of stakeholders at multiple levels, from end users to executives, across the enterprise
- Managing executive and business stakeholder expectations while coordinating, communicating, integrating project progress into greater program goals
- Be an effective partner to upstream and downstream system owners
- Manage a 24x7 Level 3 production support rotation
- Be accountable for the SLA to the day-to-day production issues which are escalated from Level 1/Level 2 Support Teams
- Solid experience as a leader and a coach, with ability to build and organize teams
- Demonstrated management experience, inclusive of large-project implementations
- 7+ years technology leadership experience in an application team (or equivalent)
- Ability to manage vendors, 3rd party contractors, and cross-matrix project teams in order to deliver high-visibility projects
- Innovation mindset, driving cultural change with the creative use of new low-code application platforms (such as Salesforce), and emerging technologies (such as Machine Learning)
- Experience in Web Services, Java, SQL, and application frameworks
- Broad background in web application architectures.
- Experience with Cloud technologies: AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
- Proven track record of engineering mentorship through new and familiar technologies and approaches, and provide a career path to individuals into a variety of roles and levels
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, and partner with business and technology teams to define technical roadmaps and decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to guide teams through time of ambiguity and conflict
- Experience running projects in Agile mode: Scrum, Kaizen and Kanban
- Experience working in Finance or intellectual property licensing preferred.
- Requires B.S. in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related technology fields; M.S. or other advanced degree preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.