Sr. Manager, Content Operations - TitlesApply NowApply Later Job ID 771134BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Services Date posted Dec. 24, 2020
We are seeking a proactive, strategic Sr. Manager who will be part of the Disney+ Global Content Operations team in Glendale, CA, reporting to the Director of Content Operations, Originals. You will be responsible for leading a team of Title Planning Managers for Disney+ Originals who will partner with our content teams worldwide to plan title launches and ensure that assets and information are prepared and delivered correctly to Disney+. The role will require strong collaboration with multiple teams across the company and strategic thinking to anticipate issues and set up workstreams for scalability.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience leading a team in a digital supply chain. They will have a broad understanding of production and post-production workflows, the ability to build strong cross-functional relationships, and have a bias to action.
Responsibilities:● Lead a team of Planning Managers who will collaborate with Programming, Studio Operations, Media Delivery, Marketing, PMO, Product on workflow, timelines, and requirements per project, keeping each team accountable for their deliverables.
● Position the team to be the primary liaison between Global Content Operations, Creative Executives, Productions, and Programming to ensure that title level status and updates are communicated
● Source production and post-production schedules to build the lifecycle plans for a title’s launch
● Source early version cuts of each title to help facilitate marketing and localization workflows
● Be the bridge between the Product experience and our Production and Creative teams, clearly articulating what the product can and cannot do when it comes to customer engagement
● Understand Creative and Production needs and collaborate with the Product team to support workflows and platform experiences that align with the creative vision of the title
● Build processes to track success metrics by engaging in strategic thinking to visualize and achieve long-term wins and efficiencies
● Keep up to date with new technologies and recognize how they can help make our work more efficient
● Remove roadblocks for interdependent teams
● Work closely with Global Content Operations’ Platform Operations team to define feature requirements for tool development
● Provide training to the team when new tool updates are released
● Maintain a close relationship with Content Security and legal to understand security protocols and asset permissions
- 7+ years of experience managing teams Media & Entertainment, preferably with a content streaming platform
- Strong project management experience and the ability to juggle multiple projects at a time in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to operate effectively in ambiguity and a willingness to pivot as needed
- A collaborative spirit, especially as an expert at getting things done, all with a positive attitude
- Strategic thinking and the ability to focus on long-term scalability and growth of the business
- Ability to dissect workflows and make tool recommendations that lead to more efficient and effective processes
- Familiarity with production and post-production workflows and UHD, HDR, and Dolby Vision, and Dolby Atmos technologies
- Ability to question the way we do things and recommend alternative solutions that drive impact for the business
- Comfortable using various data management systems and tools (e.g. Google and Microsoft suites, Smartsheet, Lucidchart, PowerBI, Tableau)
- Clear written and verbal communication and the ability to command a room
- Thorough understanding of content and data security best practices a plus
- BA/BS or equivalent experience required
- A personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
About Disney Streaming Services:
Disney Streaming Services is responsible for developing and operating The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer video businesses globally, including the ESPN+ premium sports streaming service; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic and BAMTECH Media, a global leader in direct-to-consumer video streaming products and solutions. Our core mission is to deliver global audiences the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location. We serve consumers by bringing the world’s most beloved characters, timeless stories, legendary athletes, and epic sporting events to global audiences through best-in-class direct-to-consumer video services. We strive daily to imaginatively challenge convention with innovative technology that gives consumers the freedom to access content on their terms across any connected device, time or location.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming Services.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.