Sr. Manager, Content ProgrammingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 10066663 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Direct to Consumer Date posted Jan. 02, 2024
About the Role & Team
Disney’s Direct to Consumer team oversees the Hulu and Disney+ streaming businesses within Disney Entertainment helping to bring The Walt Disney Company’s best-in-class storytelling to fans and families everywhere. The Disney+ Programming and Content Curation team is responsible for leading content planning, scheduling, on-service merchandising, slate management, and programming insights that contribute to a cohesive strategic content approach for the service.
What You Will Do
Disney+ Content Programming is responsible for ensuring that global merchandising frameworks drive audience engagement and discovery with local relevance. This Sr Manager, Content Programming will be responsible for driving global content programming and curation across audiences in Disney+, as well as operationalizing merchandising across regions, platforms, and toolsets. This position will report to the Senior Director, Content Programming.
- Drive Disney+ global content programming, promotion, retention, and engagement
- Operationalize and publish global editorial merchandising and experimentation strategies across Disney Streaming and Hotstar platforms using multiple toolsets.
- Craft impactful programming events that are carefully curated to apply the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company.
- Collaborate and advocate for regional and territorial editorial merchandising and promotion.
- Partner with product and operational teams to ensure successful launches of new features, ensure content and asset availability supports merchandising strategies, and represent content programming strategies and needs.
- Apply service, market, and behavior data, along with audience research, to drive data and analytics that advise effective programming strategies.
- Collaborate with the programming content optimization team on testing needs, and testing implementation as needed.
- Partner with franchise and IP teams to support priority content campaigns.
- Partner with programming data & insights to act on findings.
- Identify and address audience programming gaps and audience segment opportunities.
- Build, check, and publish programming within the CMS as needed.
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 8+ years of experience in digital media, programming, or marketing.
- 3+ years of experience with The Walt Disney Company brands, franchises, and content.
- 2+ years of people management experience.
- Deep understanding and working background of digital media platforms, including hands-on management of web, app, streaming, and/or connected devices.
- Advanced proficiency in data analysis and interpretation.
- Passion and insight into The Walt Disney Company segments, brands and franchises, the elements that define them, and expertise to build further audience engagement.
- Strategic, creative, and entrepreneurial approach.
- Outstanding organizational, prioritization, and time management skills; capable of completing multiple, high-priority projects with meticulous attention to detail.
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven record of communicating efficiently with senior management, staff, and external research professionals.
- Strong emotional intelligence and collaborative mentality.
- Proficient in leading both direct and indirect teams to surpass expectations.
- Possesses a diplomatic mentality and has consistently excelled in team environments and matrixed organizations.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment.
- International experience is a plus.
- Proficiency in multiple languages is a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree minimum.
- Preferably a bachelor’s degree in business, Communications, Cinema/Television, or related field.
The hiring range for this position in CA is $123,000.00 to $165,000.00 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About Disney Direct to Consumer:
Disney’s Direct to Consumer team oversees the Hulu and Disney+ streaming businesses within Disney Entertainment helping to bring The Walt Disney Company’s best-in-class storytelling to fans and families everywhere.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney DTC LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Direct to Consumer.
Disney DTC LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.