Sr. Manager, Data Solutions
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 773233BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Feb. 05, 2021
Job Summary:The Sr. Manager, Data Solutions will be an analytical, business-minded self-starter who is capable of setting strategic priorities and managing a team as a “leader-doer.” Your grasp of audience-centered data, insights, targeting, and measurement will enable you to confidently consult with internal category experts and sales leads, as well as external clients. You will support the development of your team members as they build upon operational skill sets to become increasingly consultative. Your data-driven experience, multi-tasking skills, client-friendly persona, and ability to build consensus between departments will help drive your success.
In this role, you will be responsible for leading a team that coordinates within and between the Audience Modeling and Data Science team and various Disney Advertising Sales teams. You will spur sales revenue by consulting on strategic, data-driven plans across platforms. You will collaborate with category, sales, and client partners to recommend audience-based solutions to achieve client KPIs. You will also oversee external data sourcing and vendor management, negotiating favorable partnerships with best-in-class data providers. You must have a strong knowledge of the media landscape across social, digital, and linear with a proven track record of using data to drive measurable results through improved insights and ad targeting.
- Ensure delivery of Data Solutions roadmap commitments for Disney Advertising Sales organization
- Source, onboard, and manage 3rd Party Data, identify and research vendors
- Lead and develop a team of Data Solutions Managers and Analysts
- Partner with teams across the DMED organization to ensure best-in-class, innovative opportunities are brought to our agency, client, and marketing partners
- Interface with clients, collaborating on audience-based approaches to achieving their objectives
- Partner with legal, privacy, and company leaders to ensure privacy compliant use of data
- Drive monetization of data capabilities to support revenue goals and objectives
- Responsible for overall management of fulfilling data-driven ad sales requests utilizing Disney data, Disney predictive models, client data, and third party data across TWDC media portfolio spanning all industry verticals on social, display, video, and linear platforms
- Communicate market and client needs based on campaign performance, client feedback, and industry trends to the rest of the Audience Modeling and Data Science team in order to drive the conception and prioritization of data capabilities, while balancing overall revenue driving opportunities
- Provide education and sales support on Audience Modeling and Data Science data capabilities to help grow and diversify revenue
- Responsible for activation and maintenance of Disney, Client, and 3P Audience Segments in the Data Management Platform and Ad Server. Includes coordinating contractual agreements to govern client-provided data and managing the audience onboarding process.
- Liaison between AMDS and Corporate Brand Management for Data Management Platform and Sensitive Data Categories
- Minimum of 8 years or equivalent of experience in a role requiring knowledge of cross-platform data-driven ad business, analytics, research, ad-tech, and/or mar-tech
- Excel at juggling multiple projects, staying organized and prioritizing deadlines
- Seasoned in managing and developing teams
- Proven track record managing timelines, delivery, dependencies, and communication across teams in a fast-paced environment
- Understanding of statistical, research, and machine learning terminology and how it applies to audience-based approaches
- LA preferred (Glendale office)
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Advertising Sales, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
Disney Advertising Sales, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.