Sr. Manager, Diversity & InclusionApply NowApply Later Job ID 768385BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Nov. 12, 2020
- Provide deep subject matter expertise and D&I counsel to problem solve, design and deliver strategic, segment-wide solutions and partner with D&I leaders across TWDC on enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Lead segment global framework development and evolve DPECP key diversity and inclusion forums, councils, resource groups and stakeholders to drive relevant, timely business strategies and solutions.
- Create and implement communication strategies and content management for training, campaigns, and web resources (internal and external audiences) to support D&I initiatives on various platforms.
- Oversee and provide support to Resource Groups in the areas of talent identification process, governance, KPIs, budget, annual planning, quarterly reporting, membership, and activations.
- Partner with TWDC D&I COE to assure that our stakeholder engagement aligns with all three pillars of D&I Strategy 2.0.
- Partner with segment Communications, PR, Marketing, Sales and PA teams to align D&I community programs across the business.
- Manage multiple projects, shared budget and resources.
- Lead diversity education programs and services, including creating and delivering customized training programs, partnering with the learning and development function and external vendors/consultants (as appropriate) to integrate diversity principals into leadership curriculum.
- Conduct ongoing research on best practices and recommend strategies for continuous improvement of diversity initiatives
- Work with enterprise partners on studies, survey submissions, and award nominations relating to D&I strategy, such as Diversity Inc.’s Top 50 Companies for Diversity, HRC Corporate Equality Index, and other industry assessments.
- Lead direct reports on the team to guide them on D&I practices and individual development
- 5 years minimum of professional D&I experience
- Proven track record of ability to influence and partner with business and HR leaders to successfully drive large scale organization initiatives and gain their commitment and support
- Goal-oriented and possesses the ability to prioritize regularly in an ever-changing environment
- Ability to work with many cross-functional internal and external partners, in a matrix environment with a high sense of urgency
- Strong client-service orientation and the ability to build credibility and relationships
- Ability to think conceptually and strategically, while maintaining a results-driven approach
- A unique combination of analytic and strategic analysis capabilities to leverage research and set measurable goals
- Superior cognitive ability; ability to simplify complex situations and make sound judgments
- An advisor, influencer, and coach, who leads through others at all levels of the organization
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills, written and oral
- Expertise in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook), and the ability to create and develop strategic PowerPoint presentations as needed
- Experience working with Employee Resource Groups
- Background in D&I with a specific emphasis on consulting & influencing Sr. Level Leaders in area of Diversity & Inclusion
- Experience in quantitative analysis and reporting, including, market research, trend analysis, benchmarking and opportunity identification
- Evidence of managing a wide array of stakeholder communications and relationships (internal and external) in a complex business environment
- Leadership experience in managing direct reports
- Project management and/or change management expertise
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Human Resources, or related field and/or equivalent combination of experience.
- Advanced degree
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.