Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Manager, Franchise, DMCEApply Now Apply Later Job ID 517410BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted 04/13/2018
Job Summary:The Senior Manager, Franchise Development & Marketing for Classics Franchises is responsible for global strategic planning and implementation of key initiatives, with the goal of driving the overall Licensed business and consumer engagement. The role demands outstanding communication and collaboration skills.
- Build and execute global strategic plan to drive business results, including merchandise, retail, creative, PR and marketing strategies & roadmap
- Drive retail activation, including Identification of and implementation of creative and account specific strategies and needs
- Serve as Classics franchise champion within division
- Support Franchise Licensing team with strategy development, licensee relationships, pitches, marketing presentations and marketing planning and activations
- Create and oversee Classics annual marketing calendar, including development of marketing campaigns, branded activations and marketing partnerships
- Liaising with cross-company partners (strategy development, marketing plans, cross-divisional planning) including Events, Public Relations, Digital, Legal and Finance
- Create and deliver on marketing plans to support major product collaboration launches, primarily in the fashion space
- Manage collaboration content output and partner to amplify digital exposure for Classics across relevant Disney social and digital networks
- Lead ongoing engagement with global franchise counterparts to share strategies, best practices and planning cadence
- Serve as key franchise partner with sales and retail marketing to implement retail franchise strategies (planning calendar)
- Franchise partner to Central Creative and Product Development, briefing new style/product guides, branding and packaging guides and marketing guides
- Primary communicator to licensees, retailers, brands and internal DCP community of Franchise Priorities (large scale pitches, Sales Meetings), presenting to a wider group on a regular basis
- Lead development of global pitch materials and marketing tools for licensees and Retail Sales
- Develop, manage and track segment budget
- Lead and mentor the Franchise Classics team
- Passion for Disney and classic characters
- 10 years prior brand management, retail marketing, franchise strategy development and marketing experience with global consumer products organization
- 3-5 years prior experience in fashion brand marketing (at fashion house, fashion retail headquarters, licensor with fashion category focus)
- Social media & social marketing fluency with experience in influencer campaigns and partnerships
- Proven experience within advertising/promotions/events and PR
- Developed ability to track fashion trends, brand marketing initiatives and partnerships, activations, with focus on pop culture and fashion events in general
- Creative, solution-oriented thinking with demonstrated decision making abilities
- Proven track record in developing collaborative partnerships and managing high-profile product launches
- Experience across kids, tweens, teen and adult consumer segments, with strong experience marketing to millennials
- Strong budget management skills and experience
- Cross-category experience a plus
- Solid analytical and business analysis skills with experience developing strategic efforts to support analytical findings
- Superb verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent follow up and follow through
- Resourceful, innovative and responsive to change
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.