Sr. Manager, Global Security Technology
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 877123BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 20, 2021
Job Summary:Global Security is responsible for protecting the people, properties, assets, information and brand of the Walt Disney Company and all of its owned companies. The Global Security Technology Team provides a comprehensive service that delivers technological solutions that minimize complexity while unifying security systems for operators to make data driven decisions. Global Security Technology centralizes the development, deployment and management of security technology that supports six international geographies and multiple business segments
Responsibilities:Global Security is looking for a Senior Manager, Global Security Technology to lead the lifecycle management for all security technology systems that support our varied lines of business. The Senior Manager will serve as the enterprise thought leader and subject matter expert for video management, access control, records management and communication systems as well as any other ancillary platforms that directly support the Global Security mission.
In addition, the Senior Manager will on a regular basis:
- Supervise a team of business analysts, systems managers and technicians charged with funding, building, sustaining, as well as, transferring or retiring security systems.
- Define system maturity levels, technical service catalogue, and key performance metrics.
- Drive security technology standards and policy development.
- Lead financial forecasting requirements and assist the Director in the preparation of both the annual and 5 year operating budget.
- Consolidate security technology acquisition processes across the enterprise to maximize fiscal and operational efficiency for the company.
- Collaborate with Enterprise Technology partners on developing new security technology initiatives that best address the operational needs for the businesses we support.
- Oversee see vulnerability management for the application environments and devices Global Security Technology is charged with supporting.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in a security function through corporate, academic, military, and/or law enforcement environments along with a minimum of seven years’ experience in a supervisor role within security systems.
- Substantive technical experience with enterprise-grade physical security systems including access control, visitor management, video analytics and video management.
- Substantive technical experience with enterprise-grade physical security systems including access control, intrusion detection, video analytics and video management.
- An understanding of enterprise-grade security incident management platforms, computer-aided dispatch, threat intelligence, emergency mass notification, and radio-over-IP communications systems.
- Experience with the identification of software and hardware solutions, design selection, vendor evaluation and implementation of multiple security platforms.
- Experience managing projects and overseeing budget, allocation of resources, goal development and timeline management.
- Experience providing leadership, oversight and evaluation of direct report employees and indirect reporting personnel in a highly matrixed organization.
- Excellent personal communication and diplomacy skills.
- Familiar with IT infrastructure components such as network, server and data storage
- Knowledge of system design concepts and strategies as it pertains to security systems
- One or more technical certifications associated with enterprise grade global security systems
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Four-year bachelor degree or equivalent experience required
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
TWDC Enterprises 18 Corp. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.