Sr. Manager, HR Business PartnerApply NowApply Later Job ID 786127BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted May 04, 2021
“It takes people to make the dream a reality.” Walt was on to something when he said that, and it continues to ring true today. No matter the stage in your career, being a part of Disney Parks, Experiences and Consumer Products means being a part of a team where you help bring innovation to life through unsurpassed products, services and most importantly remarkable experiences. As a Cast Member you are the steward and connection to our legacy and the backbone of our thriving innovations. Join our team and watch your dreams come true.
Walt Disney Imagineering (WDI) is the master planning, creative development, design, engineering, production, project management, and research and development arm of Disney’s Parks and Resorts business segment. Representing more than 150 disciplines, its talented corps of Imagineers are responsible for the creation of Disney resorts, theme parks and attractions, hotels, water parks, real estate developments, regional entertainment venues, cruise ships, merchandise, games, books, and new media technology projects.
As a forward-looking HR professional supporting our technology and engineering organization, you will serve as a strategic business partner to senior leadership by developing and delivering integrated and inclusive HR Services such as: Strategy Development, Organization Design, Talent Management, Organization & Cast Effectiveness, Change & Transition Management and Functional HR Integration. This role reports to the Director, HR Business Partner.
- Provide strategic HR leadership and consultation focused on creating innovative HR strategies to anticipate and assess emerging business, organization or people trends and identify and implement the appropriate Human Resource / Diversity & Inclusion solutions.
- Design and execute strategies to increase organization, team and individual performance to improve the business’s capabilities to deliver against its goals. Provide expertise in the areas of leadership and executive team development, organization and Cast effectiveness, and meeting design/facilitation with a bias toward building client capability.
- Collaborate with HR functional partners to execute human resources strategies to enable business objectives and support future business growth.
- Execute the Talent Management process to identify current and forecasted talent needs and, in partnership with other site and segment partners, develop action plans to mitigate associated risk and improve confidence in future successor readiness to enable business objectives.
- Deliver HR services to clients resulting in a seamless point of contact to the broader HR organization and ensuring successful integration of functional partner initiatives and expertise.
- Maintain an effective level of business literacy to provide a consultative approach to delivery of HR services. Leverage HR / business skills and knowledge to challenge or influence leadership in decision-making processes.
- 7+ years of experience in human resources, organization development, training or related talent planning field, preferably in a creative environment
- Must be able to provide creative solutions and unique approaches to HR/business challenges
- Must be an authentic thought partner with confidence and courage to push boundaries
- Must have the ability to flex between creative and engineering work styles and decision making.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong prioritization skills
- Proven consulting and/or change management experience
- Proven knowledge of HR industry practices
- Demonstrated strong integration and strategic planning skills
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated strong facilitation and presentation skills
- Demonstrated problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrated ability to influence and partner within a diverse organization to help drive business results
- Proven ability to manage conflict and the courage to challenge organizational thinking
- Must be willing to travel up to 10% of the time
- Relevant industry experience or knowledge in the technology/engineering field (preferably within a cutting edge, highly innovative environment)
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, or related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts U.S., Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.