Sr Manager, Licensing, Consumables, Disney BrandsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 732060BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Licensing Date posted Dec. 13, 2019
- Manages Licensees within the category portfolio which includes contract negotiation, resolving issues, reviewing/approving of submissions and promotion/advertising initiatives.
- Analyzes account business performance and develops growth objectives that are aligned with DCPI initiatives.
- Maintains current knowledge of industry trends, competitors, business opportunities, threats, and dynamics.
- Active contributor/driver of key initiatives within a matrix organization including Franchise Licensing, Product Development, Finance, Integrated Retail, Corporate Alliance, Ad Sales, Content Partners, Franchise Marketing, and Citizenship.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned franchises to include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting.
- Contributes to the strategic planning process. Develops strategies and business plans by retailer, brand and property.
- Develops new business opportunities and manages the process from concept and pitch, to licensee on-boarding and contract signature.
- Works with Licensees, Integrated Retail and Creative teams to develop product that meets retailer needs by distribution channel while maintaining quality and character integrity standards.
- Supports internal initiatives generated by the Franchise Marketing and Integrated Retail teams.
- Works closely with Content partners to support franchise specific initiatives.
- Recommends initiatives, providing cost/benefit analysis and an estimate of return on investment.
- Drives synergy opportunities across TWDC with key Licensees in portfolio.
- Performs day-to-day responsibilities to include licensee management, product review, and Licensee communications.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; must at times be thick skinned
- Strong relationship building skills, flexible and adaptable; patient; able to collaborate, influence, and persuade at all levels of an organization, both internal and external
- Strong analytical and negotiation skills
- Capable of working independently and managing a variety of initiatives / opportunities simultaneously
- Self-motivated, strategic thinker, entrepreneurial
- Willingness to travel
- Experience with “blue chip” from a major CPG company preferred but not required.
- We are looking for someone with knowledge of financial analysis, supply chain management, category management, operations, consumer trends, etc.
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.