Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Manager, Licensing, Softlines, LucasApply Now Apply Later Job ID 521959BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Licensing Date posted Apr. 13, 2018
Job Summary:Disney Consumer Products (DCPI) is the business segment of the Walt Disney Company that extends the Disney brand to merchandise ranging from apparel, toys, home décor and books to interactive games, food and beverages, stationery, electronics and animation art.
The Lucasfilm team is responsible for licensing characters and story created by Lucas Film Studio and from Lucas’ catalog of characters. In addition and liaising with the Walt Disney Company divisions, and retailers around the world and is responsible for building marketing programs and franchise initiatives in order to grow product sales and maximize the Lucasfilm portfolio.
The Senior Manager is responsible for managing a category(s) and a portfolio of licensees in order to meet or exceed predetermined revenue targets and growth objectives.
- Deliver exceptional product for assigned category for LucasFilm team
- Accountable for implementing the business strategy for assigned category
- Accountable for developing, proposing, overseeing and implementing the business strategy for assigned category
- Identify and develop new business opportunities
- Develop and implement product strategies, merchandising and marketing plans to ensure sales are maximized and marketing objectives are met
- Analyzes account (licensee and retailer) business performance and develops growth objectives that are aligned with DCPI initiatives
- Fiscal responsibility for assigned categories to include annual budget planning and quarterly revenue forecasting
- Responsible for category input within the 5 year strategic plan
- Partner with Product Development team to innovate and bring to market compelling new product for categories managed
- Ensure licensee product lines reflect Lucasfilm quality and brand/property objectives
- Research and understand competitive landscape. Analyze and understand market trends, consumer trends, retailer and industry needs
- Manage licensee portfolio/co-manage where relevant with LOB partner (contract negotiation, data management, approvals, submissions, promotion/advertising/marketing)
- With the PD team approve and maintain line lists/assortments
- Partner with sales in assortment/retail planning/sales pitches where relevant
- Build strong team-oriented relationships with other DCPI key business units, X-franchise teams and/or global partners which can result in new business and/or cross-promotional opportunities
- Support Director and oversee responsibilities of Accessory and Apparel Manager and Associate in everyday responsibilities such as contract and amendment process, financial analysis, preparing presentations and other projects as necessary
- Apparel experience is important. Strong product development experience and keen sense of fashion/trend in the marketplace
- Strong understanding of brand positioning, retail business development function, retail distribution and the retail environment for Apparel, Accessories, and Footwear business
- Strong communication/presentation, influencing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks and assignments
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills/team player
- Comprehensive knowledge of licensees’ product categories, production and creative capabilities/limitations
- Self-starter, motivated, proactive, dependable, flexible, strong team building skills
- Strong financial analysis skills and adept at goal setting and performance management
- Strong computer skills
- Bachelor’s degree +5-7 years related Fashion experience in buying, product development, and/or sourcing
- Masters +2-3 years’ experience
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
Disney Consumer Products, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.