Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Manager, Marketplace ActivationApply Now Apply Later Job ID 709944BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Oct. 07, 2019
We’re looking for a highly motivated self-starter ready to take on the challenge of creating and leading business relationships and has the leadership qualities required to bring his or her vision to execution. The ideal candidate will be able to think strategically and analytically about business and product opportunities, bring a demonstrated a record of executing (and maintaining!) high-value partnerships, and experience managing and leading teams.
Got ideas on how we can expand our e-commerce footprint across different retail and affiliate partners? Great! But it’s not enough to have great ideas. In fact, that’s the easy part.
We need a highly organized individual that can bring great ideas to life, one with the maturity to recognize that successful execution requires a balanced blend of drive, creativity, and cultivating relationships (especially in a highly matrixed organization).
He or she will be the primary liaison between external and internal stakeholders, focusing on developing, testing, and optimizing new growth strategies with our retail & affiliate partners. Lastly, while this role will have at least one direct report, he or she will lead efforts requiring close collaboration with a number of different departments.
- Oversee broader marketplace & affiliate marketing strategy, helping craft a vision for how we can expand this critical channel for our DCP business.
- Secure and lead initiatives and partnerships that expand our marketplace & affiliate marketing channel and open up innovative distribution opportunities for DCP products and experiences.
- Evaluate, size, and prioritize partnership opportunities.
- Build and maintain strategic relationships with key external partners
- Collaborate cross-functionally with teams in e-commerce, operations, product management, consumer insights, analytics, planning, and marketing to launch, enhance, and grow key partnerships
- Develop marketing programs to drive sales & margin, inspiring and collaborating with team members while also leading actionable plans.
- Negotiate terms, execute contracts, and work with internal teams to launch new partners
- Act as primary liaison between internal departments and external partners, communicating, leading, and rallying others around common goals.
- Manage partner activity and performance measurement, identifying areas of improvement and recommending growth opportunities
- Achieve and consistently exceed revenue goals
- Work cross functionally with various teams to develop tracking, reporting, new executions or other technical integration when necessary
- Collaborate with management on sales goals, planning, and forecasting
- Provide regular updates (daily, weekly, monthly) on partner performance to management
- Able to develop recommendations based on analyzing data and customer behavior to expand and grow campaigns over time.
- Grow our marketplace and affiliate marketing portfolio across different providers, maximizing revenue and margin yields across a broad network of offerings
- Pitch and create e-commerce programs in collaboration with our retailer partners.
- Oversee growth & optimization efforts for our affiliate programs
- Help drive growth for the DCP business by leveraging new partnerships, platforms, and tools to optimize programs
- 10+ years of experience in digital marketing & business development (bonus if you are coming with a deep e-commerce background).
- Project management and/or portfolio management skills are a must. Our successful hire will have the ability to organize and juggle multiple projects and be comfortable operating in an environment that can result in rapidly shifting priorities. We need someone highly organized that can implement new ideas and business strategies in a highly matrixed organization.
- Must be metrics driven. If you can’t dig into data to find opportunities and socialize the opportunities you’ve uncovered through analyzing your business, this won’t be the right fit.
- Proven track record in successfully leading e-commerce programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively communicate both written and verbally and present at all levels of management, from concepts to project status to business reviews
- Creative thinker with strong problem-solving skills
- Deep understanding of and passion for e-commerce
- Testing-oriented growth mindset with a willingness to learn, educate, and grow
- Bachelor’s degree with a focus in Business or Marketing preferred.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Shopping, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Shopping, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.