Sr Manager of iOS Client Engineering
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 751853BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Direct-to-Consumer and International Date posted Mar. 05, 2020
Job Summary:The Disney Direct-To-Consumer and International (DTCI) Client Mobile Engineering team develops some of the most downloaded and successful iOS Sports and News apps, including ESPN+, ESPN, Fantasy, Tournament Challenge, ABC News and many others. This is an engineering leadership position to be technically hands-on and leads one our growing native iOS engineering teams located in the Los Angeles area.
- Recruit, retain, coach, mentor and lead a team of very talented native iOS engineers and contractors, with seniority spanning from novice to very senior
- Collaborate with other engineering leaders to develop and execute technology strategies and align talent and resources to optimize for delivery of execution of all our projects.
- Collaborate with product management and design to manage competing priorities
- Not afraid of getting hands-on with code and helping the team whenever necessary.
- Perform code reviews and guide and mentor engineers on the team to embrace the latest technologies and tools, and best engineering practices
- Mentor and coach team members by leading by example
- Help the engineering team develop the applications architecture, technical design and development workflows
- Embrace failing fast, and learning from failures
- Believe and has experience with agile development best practices such as CI, CD, TDD, BDD, observability and continuous refactoring
- Passionate about Apple platforms and consumer software technologies.
- Keep abreast of industry trends and technologies and apply them quickly
- Bring predictability to the team’s overall performance by using data and insights
- A minimum of 2 years of technical management experience, leading a native iOS development team
- A minimum of 5 years of hands-on experience in iOS native software development (Obj-C, Swift, Apple Frameworks and Platforms) Experience building high volume consumer facing applications at massive scale
- Demonstrated ability to hire, develop and retain top technical talent, by leading by example
- Demonstrated compassionate and selfless leadership style
- Not afraid to roll-up their sleeves and get into the cod
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in good architecture and design pattern
- Passion for easily readable, testable, high quality and performant code
- BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
- MS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
About Direct-to-Consumer and International:
Comprised of Disney’s international media businesses and the Company’s various streaming services, the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment aligns technology, content and distribution platforms to expand the Company’s global footprint and deliver world-class, personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world. This segment is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in partnership with ESPN; Disney+, the dedicated streaming home for entertainment from Disney, Pixar, Marvel, Star Wars, National Geographic; and the Company’s ownership stake in Hulu. As part of the Direct-to-Consumer and International segment, Disney Streaming Services, developer of the ESPN+ and Disney +, oversees all consumer-facing digital technology and products across the Company.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with ESPN Technology Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Direct-to-Consumer and International.
ESPN Technology Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.