Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Manager, Product DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 640647BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Sep. 09, 2019
Responsibilities::• Responsible for product design and development of Direct to Consumer Products for Boys Toy lines.
• Manages design activities for multiple categories and numerous franchises.
• Supports creative strategies and design vision for product lines.
• Leads and oversees product design each quarter across all boys toys.
• Ensures product design excellence by leading team to maintain character and product integrity and leading artistic and creative direction.
• Seeks out and applies knowledge of new trends and innovation in marketplace.
• Translates new concepts into marketable, saleable products and product lines.
• Recommends creative ideas and products to build new IP and extend existing product lines.
• Presents and sells ideas to management and internal content partners.
• Coordinates with executive management, internal teams, and content partners on new development and new lines of business.
• Identifies synergy opportunities within TWDC, promotes collaboration within the organization, and leverages shared resources
• Exhibits ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness
Basic Qualifications:• 8 years of related work experience
• Extensive knowledge of Boys toy categories including: manufacturing techniques, costing principals, & materials technologies.
• Able to clearly communicate, present, and sell creative ideas both in formal and informal settings.
• Proficient at 3D product design drawing and strong sketching and concepting skills.
• Computer skills in the following software applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
• Strong negotiator.
• Highly motivated and able to motivate others.
• Strategic vision for overall business and category
Required Education• Bachelors degree in Industrial Design, Toy Design, or Related Field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.