Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Manager, Product DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 529127BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Store Date posted 02/28/2018
Seeking a Sr. Manager with proven experience leading hard lines product design development from concept idea through production working with internal teams and licensees. Sr. Manager will be responsible for managing the Girls Toys product design for TDS existing lines and new initiative businesses. The leader will drive vision for new innovation and creation of dynamic products with the highest level of quality. Leader should be highly creative, strategic, and forward thinking. The Sr. Manager will lead a creative design team to create and produce innovative products every quarter. The primary categories are fashion dolls, small dolls, large dolls, doll accessories, figures, role play items and collector dolls within core franchise brands, new franchise/entertainment properties, and new product lines exclusive to The Disney Store. The leader should be well versed in market trends, especially in toy and fashion, have excellent aesthetic understanding, and a high level of ingenuity and creativity.Apply Now Apply Later
- Responsible for product design and development of Direct to Consumer Products for Girls Toy lines.
- Manages design activities for multiple categories and numerous franchises.
- Develops creative strategies and design vision for product lines.
- Leads and oversees product design each quarter across all girls toys.
- Ensures product design excellence by leading team to maintain character and product integrity and leading artistic and creative direction.
- Seeks out and applies knowledge of new trends and innovation in marketplace.
- Translates new concepts into marketable, saleable products and product lines.
- Recommends creative ideas and products to build new IP and extend existing product lines.
- Presents and sells ideas to management and internal content partners.
- Coordinates with executive management, internal teams, and content partners on new development and new lines of business.
- Identifies synergy opportunities within TWDC, promotes collaboration within the organization, and leverages shared resources
- Exhibits ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- 8 years of related work experience
- Extensive knowledge of Girls toy categories including: manufacturing techniques & materials technologies.
- Able to clearly communicate, present, and sell creative ideas both in formal and informal settings.
- Proficient at 3D product design drawing and strong sketching and concepting skills.
- Computer skills in the following software applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- Strong negotiator.
- Highly motivated and able to motivate others.
- Strategic vision for overall business and category
- Professional appearance
- Pro-active / Can-do attitude
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Design, Toy Design, or Related Field