Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Manager, Product DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 539353BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted Apr. 03, 2018
Job Summary:Seeking a Sr. Manager with proven experience leading hardlines product design development from concept idea through production working with internal teams and licensees. Sr. Manager will be responsible for managing the Girls Toys product design for our Licensing business. The leader will drive vision for new innovation and creation of dynamic products with the highest level of quality. Leader should be highly creative, strategic, and forward thinking. The Sr. Manager will lead a creative design team to create and produce innovative products on an ongoing basis. The primary categories are fashion dolls, small dolls, large dolls, doll accessories, figures, role play and the collector segments within all of our Girls-focused core franchise brands, as well as new franchises & entertainment properties. The leader should be well versed in market trends, especially in toys and fashion, have an excellent aesthetic understanding, and a high level of ingenuity and creativity.
- Responsible for product design and development of Licensed Products for Girls Toy lines.
- Manages design activities for multiple categories and numerous franchises.
- Develops creative strategies and design vision for product lines.
- Leads and oversees product design each quarter across all girls toys.
- Ensures product design excellence by leading team to maintain character and product integrity and leading artistic and creative direction.
- Seeks out and applies knowledge of new trends and innovation in marketplace.
- Translates new concepts into marketable, saleable products and product lines.
- Recommends creative ideas and products to build new IP and extend existing product lines.
- Coordinates with licensees, internal teams, and content partners on new development and new lines of business.
- Identifies synergy opportunities within TWDC and promotes collaboration within the organization
- Exhibits ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- 8 years of related work experience
- Extensive knowledge of Girls toy categories including: manufacturing techniques, materials & technologies
- Able to clearly communicate, present, and sell creative ideas both in formal and informal settings
- Proficient at 3D product design drawing and strong sketching and concepting skills
- Computer skills in the following software applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Strong negotiator
- Highly motivated and able to motivate others
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, while managing to the big picture
- Strategic vision for overall business and category
- Professional appearance & communication style
- Pro-active / Can-do attitude
- Bachelors degree in Industrial Design, Toy Design, or Related Field
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.