Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Manager, Product DevelopmentApply Now Apply Later Job ID 555320BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted May. 16, 2018
Job Summary:The Sr. Manager will lead global hard lines Design and Development, Home and Stationary, for The Disney Store. The Sr. Manager will be responsible for managing a team of designers overseeing a wide range of categories. The product types include, but are not limited to, tabletop items such as mugs, plates, and serving ware, the recent launch of all Disney Eats products, lifestyle and trend items for home and stationary, seasonal programs, and many collectibles such the signature Disney Store pin collections. The leader will oversee and direct all design from initial concept to production, while maintaining brand integrity, quality, and storytelling. The Sr. Manager will be responsible for initiating seasonal trends and concepts while maintaining age appropriate, differentiated, lifestyle driven product for all consumer segments. The leader should be passionate about design, experienced with managing a design staff, highly creative, strategic, and forward thinking.
- Responsible for global product design and development of The Disney Store home, stationary, and collectible products.
- Manages design activities for multiple categories and numerous franchises.
- Develops creative strategies and design vision for product lines.
- Leads product design each quarter across all home, stationary, and collectible product lines, ensuring that development schedules and budgets are maintained.
- Ensures product design excellence by leading team to maintain character and product integrity and leading artistic and creative direction.
- Creates and maintains a positive team environment that supports mentoring and collaboration.
- Seeks out and applies knowledge of new trends and innovation in marketplace.
- Translates new concepts into marketable, saleable products and product lines.
- Recommends creative ideas and products to build new IP and extend existing product lines.
- Presents and sells ideas to management and internal content partners.
- Coordinates with executive management, internal teams, and content partners on new development and new lines of business.
- Identifies synergy opportunities within TWDC, promotes collaboration within the organization, and leverages shared resources
- Exhibits ingenuity, creativity, and resourcefulness.
- Minimum 8 years of product design experience, preferably tabletop, home, and stationary experience.
- 3+ years of managerial experience.
- Extensive knowledge of the product design and development process including: manufacturing techniques & materials technologies.
- Able to clearly communicate, present, and sell creative ideas both in formal and informal settings.
- Proficient at 3D product design, strong sketching and conceptual skills.
- Excellent understanding of graphic design, print design, and art applications on consumer goods.
- Computer skills in the following software applications: Photoshop, Illustrator, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills.
- Strong negotiator.
- Highly motivated and able to motivate others.
- Strategic vision for overall business and category
- Professional appearance
- Pro-active / Can-do attitude
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in Industrial Design, Toy Design, or Related Field
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.