Sr. Manager, Product Integrity, LicensingApply NowApply Later Job ID 881647BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Burbank, California, United States Business Disney Licensing Date posted Nov. 29, 2021
- Manage and lead a Product Integrity team focused on licensed product compliance reviews in the Americas, setting priorities and objectives to effectively meet program requirements
- Maintain and execute effective operating procedures for efficient processes and balanced workflow throughout the department
- Support and co-lead the development of updated compliance review programs
- Lead and perform category product risk analyses and reviews as needed
- Manage the maintenance of product matrices and local audit programs
- Research and keep abreast of new and changing product safety requirements, regulations, and standards for the global marketplace
- Act as a technical resource and partner for licensing groups regarding product safety requirements for specific types of merchandise
- Represent and own Product Integrity requirements for licensed products in technology platform developments such as PLM
- Effectively notify licensing groups & licensees of upcoming significant PI program updates and requirements
- Communicate with various stakeholders (business units, licensees, technology, policy, service providers) to ensure clarity and understanding of PI licensed program and workflows
- Provide internal and external training on updated program requirements
- Manage annual budget process for team’s work and related service providers
- Lead agreement negotiations with related service providers
- Excellent understanding of product integrity
- Knowledge of domestic and international consumer product rules and regulations
- Critical thinking skills and ability to showcase those skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent presentation and group dynamics skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to interact comfortably with executives
- Exhibits leadership style with tact and diplomacy
- Expertise in collaboration and problem solving – works well with all in multiple disciplines to resolve significant issues and drive progress.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field
- 10 years relevant product integrity experience and 5 years management experience preferred;
- International management experience
- Spanish fluency as a second language is a plus
Additional Information:This position is a legal entity of The Walt Disney Company, an equal opportunity employer
About Disney Licensing:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Licensing.
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.