Senior Manager, Software Engineering - AndroidApply NowApply Later Job ID 981220BR Location Glendale, California, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted May 23, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
As part of the Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution’s (DMED) technology team, you’ll be joining a group of passionate, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry. We are looking for high-performing and motivated individuals who challenge the status quo and drive software innovation!
Our team is looking for an experienced software engineering manager to lead our Android Client Platform engineering team. This team is responsible for building the underlying platform powering mobile and OTT experiences across many of Disney’s most recognized brands, including ABC News, Marvel, and National Geographic. In this role, you will be challenged to help your team efficiently maintain, enhance and troubleshoot platforms that serve millions of guests. You will apply excellent communication skills while interfacing with both technical and product teams to capture new system requirements and then apply your proven development chops in the delivery of innovative solutions for those requirements. You will be driven to foster a collaborative, fast paced team environment while also assisting in the career development of your team members.
Responsibilities:● Set and drive strategic direction, technology roadmap, goals and priorities for the Android client platform team.
● Manage a team delivering high quality, scalable software platforms
● Collaborate with other engineering leaders to plan and execute feature releases
● As needed review code and technical designs / documentation
● Facilitate the reliable planning and estimation of your team’s work
● Regularly interface with technical and product teams to gather requirements and deliver new functionality
● Assume ownership of existing complex systems and troubleshoot problems in real time
● Apply proven engineering skills to solve challenging business needs in a pragmatic fashion
● Mentor and provide feedback to key software engineers and technical leads
● A minimum of 5 years hands-on development experience with Android, Java, Kotlin, Rx
● Proven ability to solve challenging technical problems.
● Demonstrated ability to research and learn new technologies
● Strong communication skills and attention to detail
● Driven and self motivated
Preferred Qualifications:● Demonstrated leadership in a cross-functional, highly collaborative environment.
● Demonstrated focus on continuous improvement of systems, software and processes
● Demonstrated proficiency with the development of client facing products, including experience building applications deployed across multiple platforms.
● Experience developing for Connected Devices platforms (such as Android and Fire TV)
● Demonstrated ability to lead engineers thru all stages of career development
Required Education● BS Computer Science or related technical discipline or its equivalent
● 10+ years relevant industry experience
Additional Information:Disney is an equal opportunity employer - Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Our goal is to create an inclusive workplace for all.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.