Already applied?View Dashboard
Senior Manager, Strategic SourcingApply Now Apply Later Job ID 524149BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted Apr. 26, 2018
Job Summary:The DCPI Sourcing & Procurement team is responsible to drive value for our internal partners through sourcing engagements while mitigating risk, increasing compliance and creating efficiencies in the sourcing and procurement processes for all DCPI Lines of Business (LOBs) across North America. The team provides support to the numerous stakeholders across the Segments including; Disney Stores, Disney Publishing Worldwide, The Disney Digital Network, Integrated Retail and Games & Interactive Experiences along with all other DCPI business areas.
The Sr. Manager, Strategic Sourcing will oversee a wide range of categories directly or collaboratively with other TWDC Sourcing verticals in the areas of Freight/Logistics, Print/Publishing, Marketing, Creative/Games, Professional Services, Technology and Others. He or she will be responsible for building relationships across the internal stakeholder communities and gain a deep understanding of their strategies and priorities. The candidate will also develop a robust understanding of DCPI’s supply base and build strong relationships with key external partners. The Sr. Manger will be responsible for big picture sourcing strategies as well as lead and oversee the sourcing process and negotiations all the way to contract close. He or She will build an inclusive, high-performance team environment mentoring and developing 3-4 team members.
This role reports in the Director, DCPI Sourcing & Procurement.
- Participate and lead components of annual operating preparation & project plan for the Sourcing team and identify new sourcing opportunities while driving measurable cost savings and efficiencies across sourcing engagements
- Oversee end-to-end sourcing process including market research, planning, RFP, negotiations, contracting, implementation and ongoing supplier management
- Provide rigorous cost and market analysis focusing on the total value contribution
- Develop and lead structured negotiations following the Strategic Sourcing process
- Ensure compliance, cost savings and performance measures are established, tracked and achieved
- Build and manager high-performance team of 3-4 (1-2 direct reports)
- Works in close collaboration with the Procurement team to identify opportunities to add controls, visibility and drive efficiencies
- Dynamic individual who excels in a team environment (be a team player) and who will act as a change agent to challenge the status quo
- Strong multitasking skills and ability to lead and influence multiple projects simultaneously
- Develop and nurture relationships with key internal stakeholders within the Business, Finance, Legal and IT, and establish strategic relationships with key suppliers
- Demonstrate exemplary integrity and ethics in all instances
- Requires 7+ years’ related progressive experience in marketing, sourcing, finance, operations, and/or supply chain disciplines with increasing leadership responsibility
- Four or more years’ experience with direct reports
- Strong knowledge of and experience with Strategic Sourcing/Procurement processes and methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear and concise communications & presentations to Sr. Leadership
- Ability to interact with and establish relationships with stakeholders from the Manager to SVP level
- Proven negotiation skills
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills (in detail and big picture)
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience building business cases to influence change
- Self-motivated individual capable of managing work with little direct supervision
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel & PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP, Ariba or other ERP
- Internal or external business consulting experience highly desired
- Experience defining, building, and implementing project strategies and Supplier Relationship Management programs
- Professional certification in I.S.M, Logistics, S.C.M. or similar
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain management, finance, engineering or business required.
- Graduate degree in business or another quantitative or technical discipline.
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.