Senior Manager, Transaction SupportApply NowApply Later Job ID 865532BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Sep. 23, 2021
Transaction Support serves as a critical partner to the organization in providing thought leadership to the businesses on new strategic initiatives, acquisitions, and other matters for business and financial reporting implications. This team works closely with key stakeholders across the Company in determining and shaping the accounting impact of potential acquisitions/divestitures, licensing, and other dynamic deals. We assist in the preparation of deal agreements and perform accounting and financial due diligence. Responsibilities also include annual valuation assessments, implementation of new accounting policies, and preparation of presentations for senior management and the Audit Committee. Past deals include the acquisitions of Lucas, Marvel, Pixar, BAMTech, and 21st Century Fox. This team is continually working at the forefront of the Company’s key strategic initiatives (e.g., Disney’s direct-to-consumer streaming platforms, etc.).
This position represents a unique opportunity to work across the whole of The Walt Disney Company to provide accounting expertise, often within a team of other functional experts at the Company, when analyzing key issues, initiatives, and special projects.
- Analyzing transaction documents with a focus on matters that may have accounting or disclosure consequences
- Resolving significant or complex accounting matters that may arise and determining the accounting impact of transactions on Company financial results/forecasts
- Interacting with counterparts in various parts of the Company to resolve queries and provide accounting support
- Preparing executive presentations on significant accounting matters
- At least 8 years work experience
- Strong technical and general accounting knowledge and ability to research FASB, SEC and other accounting literature
- Must be a problem solver with a natural curiosity about complex matters
- Must possess strong quantitative and analytical skills combined with solid business and financial acumen
- Highly professional “client service orientation” is critical
- Must be able to interact with all levels of management
- Must be self-motivated and an excellent team player who possesses outstanding interpersonal and organizational skills
- Communication is critical and the ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate effective oral and written skills
- Experience within Public accounting
- BA or relevant years of experience
- CPA or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Financial Services, LLC, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Financial Services, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.