Sr Mgr, GPM-Retail Channels DistributionApply Now Apply Later Job ID 669724BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Dec. 17, 2019
This position is responsible for developing overarching global retail channel strategies and initiatives that cross all channels of trade. This position will provide strategic direction for the retail sales/marketing teams and will partner with content providers and key internal partners to meet segment’s financial objectives. This position reports to the Director, Global Product Management Flexible Business Models & Retail.
- Develop global distribution channel strategies to achieve DPECP financial and strategic goals
- Create strategies and develop go-to-market plan to drive growth in identified channel opportunities including Value, Kiosk and non-owned and operated eCommerce
- Identify new channel opportunities by business model, category, audience, market, etc.
- Drive long-term portfolio planning with focus on Key Accounts (e.g. Walmart, Target, Carrefour) and other major retail accounts
- Analyze retailer specific landscape (e.g. Target key focus areas, trends impacting Target) to optimize portfolio planning
- Partner with Integrated Retail Sales, Retail Marketing and Retail Brand Development leaders to develop account specific plans (e.g. non-content driven programs, 365 programs, strategic partnerships)
- Partner cross-functionally (Licensing, Studio, Parks) to maximize marketing and utilization of Disney, Marvel and Lucas intellectual property
- Continually identify and analyze key channel trends by market (e.g. growth of eCommerce globally, evolution of traditional Trade in Indonesia, growth of Value in US)
- 8-10 years experience in brand, consumer packaged goods, or entertainment sales, franchise/brand management, consumer marketing
- Experience in developing and executing product or retail strategies including P&L management
- Experience working cross-functionally
- Must be results oriented, highly organized and self-motivated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to successfully lead multiple projects within a matrixed organization
- Bachelor’s Degree required, MBA preferred
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.