Sr Mgr, Sensitive Information Protection, Content Security
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 691390BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted 25/07/2019
- Content Security (a critical component of TWDC initiatives to protect Disney’s Intellectual Property throughout consumer products lifecycles, from inception to distribution supply chain).
- The implementation of Content Security & Sensitive Information Protection, to address the needs of the segments business (DPEP-CPC), in line with companywide initiatives.
- Ensure risks to Intellectual Property, and Studio Content are quantified in the segment, visible to appropriate stakeholders and appropriate measures put in place to address risk in accordance with the central Sensitive Information framework, both at division level, within DPEP-CPC and across all divisions of The Walt Disney Company.
- Identify and evaluate Sensitive Information Protection (SIP) security risks related to strategic and high-risk vendors and communicate vendor security risks to business leaders to ensure a clear understanding of these risks.
- Establish strategic relationships with program stakeholders and key operational contacts
- Communicate and present key third party SIP security initiatives, practices and issues to business unit.
- Establish, monitor and report Key Performance Indicators and Key Risk Indicators
- Contribute to the DPEP SIP Council sessions and DPEP Guardians community activities, in tandem with the broader DPEP SIP group.
- Work with TWDC SIP and Walt Disney Studios Content & Information Security teams managements and business unit stakeholders to adapt TWDC and DPEP-CPC SIP strategy, define objectives, and address content related controls risks and issues.
- Participate in negotiations with internal stakeholders and external customers to resolve complex issues around content protection
- Study emerging technology trends and evaluate impact on current business, technology or projects.
- Establish strategic relationships with technology, operations and digital media departments/industry consortiums and vendors such as CDSA, TPN or ISACA.
- Develop and maintain SIP initiatives that support both DPEP and TWDC requirements pertaining to use guidelines/controls, for both internal and 3rd party stakeholders
- Prioritize third party and application security risk assessment activities and negotiate remediation of intellectual property protection issues with third parties
- Manage and ensure the quality of services provided by the TWDC SIP team, including but not limited to IP Workflow Assessments, Policy Management, and Training & Awareness programs
- Provide subject matter expertise and support to departments such as Global Loss Prevention, Information Security, Licensing and Legal on Sensitive Information related initiatives, including the remediation of leak incidents
- Maintain a centralized program management system for tracking projects and operational initiatives and identify key deliverables and milestone dates
- Work with Licensing and Legal to ensure contracts and related disclaimers support leak reduction / SIP initiatives
- Participate in the strategic planning of Sensitive Information Protection services and identify opportunities to better service the requirements of segment stakeholders
- Ensure that all DPEP-CPC SIP projects are managed and delivered within a predetermined and agreed timeline, scope and budget;
- Ensure SIP Policy Management, IP Workflow Assessments and Training/Awareness related programs support the needs of the business units and efficiently support and align to internal TWDC SIP operations
- Collaborate with Corporate and DPEP-CPC Legal as well as Finance partners to generate required SOWs & Purchase Orders, enable accurate financial reporting and ensure that budget related anomalies are detected and reported appropriately
- 3+ years of experience in content security and / or information security
- 3+ years of experience successfully managing complex projects from inception through completion, leveraging a variety of project management skills and methodologies, ensuring transforming requirements into a final deliverable
- 3+ years of experience successfully aggregating complex, diverse and sometimes contradictory elements into a comprehensive strategy
- Expertise in strategy development and presentation to management
- Understanding of the following:
- Digital transfer tools (e.g., Aspera, Signiant)
- Cloud computing and storage (e.g. AMZN AWS, GOOG Cloud, MSFT Azure)
- Storage solutions (e.g., SAN, NAS, encrypted storage mechanisms)
- Media & Entertainment security best practices
- Experience in the following would be beneficial:
- Knowledge of Media and Entertainment IT systems, including production and post-productions environments
- Knowledge of Consumer Products (Product Development) IT systems, including CAD, transfer tools.
- Knowledge of feature film production and post-production industries, services, and workflows (e.g., DI, editing, visual/audio effects, encoding, dubbing, DVD/BD replication)
- Knowledge of consumer products industry, services and workflows
- Experience evaluating physical security protocols at facilities
- Certifications in one or more of the following - CISSP, CISM, CISA, CPP, CRISC, CEH, ITIL
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills across all levels of the organization (written and verbal)
- Strong analytical and project management skills with track record of delivering projects in scope, on time, and on budget
- Pro-active attitude to anticipate business needs
- Excellent orientation to both the details and the bigger picture
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and understand written and verbal instructions
- Ability to schedule work effectively, autonomously, under time constraints, handling multiple tasks
- Solid business acumen
- Ability to work in a fast-evolving, highly distributed matrixed, international environment
- Ability to adapt to new technologies and trends
- Willingness to travel up to 20% domestically and internationally
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, IT Engineering, or a related field required
- Media & Entertainment, Information Protection, Content Security, themed entertainment industry experience a plus
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration a plus
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.