Sr Platform Engineer
Lake Buena Vista, FL - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 700042BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Lake Buena Vista, Florida, United States; Orlando, Florida, United States Business Disney Vacation Club Date posted 30/08/2019
- Conducts or leads others in the day-to-day maintenance and administration of software platform(s), and configuration updates following established procedures.
- Identifies root causes of operational issues, resolves problems and/or recommends solutions for implementation by others.
- Escalation of only the most difficult problems/issues
- May initiate implementation of new projects, developing tools, automation, and scripts to facilitate platform maintenance, operational efficiency, reliability, and administration.
- Plans, manages and executes small to mid-scale platform-oriented projects that include business unit initiatives and updates to existing platforms as needed.
- Consults with application team as necessary to resolve issues and/or clarify requirements.
- Works with business units to plan for new projects and events impacting the relevant platform, including capacity planning, monitoring, configuration, security, metrics, reporting and recovery, and migration strategies.
- Provides research, design, building, testing, and support to software platform(s), including support for multiple levels of testing prior to release of new and upgraded platform or infrastructure.
- Uses data and metrics to plan for business unit growth needs, plan upgrades, migrations, and functionality.
- Identifies and recommends the development of best practices, new approaches, validation, and adherence to existing processes.
- Responsible for documentation of new and existing standards and best practice.
- Participates in the development of large technical solutions that meet specifications and that impact future developments.
- Participates in the development and refinement of standards and best practices for the production environment based on the needs of the supported business units.
- Operates with considerable autonomy and discretion
- 4 to 7 years of progressively related experience in Systems Engineering and/or software development.
- In-depth knowledge of systems applications and hardware, server architecture, operating platforms, NAS/SAN technologies, and internet and web applications.
- In-depth experience with:
- Systems support
- AWS and Azure provisioning and support
- Tools and middleware including Chef, Ansible, Terraform, MQ, TC Server, WebSphere
- Open Source
- Enterprise operating systems (Linux, AIX, Unix, Windows)
- Database software (Microsoft SQL, Oracle)
- Apache Tomcat, IIS
- Project management methodologies (Agile, Scrum, Waterfall, etc.)
- Willing and able to ask difficult questions and build consensus when necessary
- Present technical information, in communicable verbal or written format, to technical and/or business audience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar field or related work experience.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field.
About Disney Vacation Club:
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Vacation Club.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.