Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr Producer, Special EventsApply Now Apply Later Job ID 708491BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Oct. 01, 2019
Event productions may vary in scale and scope, depending on client, their objectives and budget. The Sr. Producer will develop and oversee various event types including entertainment stage shows, corporate business meetings and town halls, conferences, general sessions, press events, networking events, employee programs, trade shows, virtual events, ceremonies, theatre productions, theme social functions, team building programs, fan events, and other public and internal facing special events.
- Produce and manage a variety of special events and productions throughout the year, from soup to nuts, that include program development, creative and scenic design, event strategy, thematic development, event planning and production, general session production, script and presentation management, visual support (graphic and video elements), entertainment, general meeting planning, site selection & venue management, event survey and evaluation, food and beverage management, complete staging technical design / production, budget management, and all event operational logistics. This role will also manage a team of people varying in size day to day, responsible for the hiring and management of several department leads and responsible for all budget parameters of project (development through execution).
- Support the goals and objectives set forth by the department, event and client. Support the department Director with other special projects as directed. This may include supporting event elements for other team member projects, creative concept brainstorming, and client management.
- Be an expert on various event venues, event and audio-visual technologies, innovative event design, event support resources and industry trends.
- Ideally 5 - 7 years show production and event planning experience
- Corporate, Theatre and / or Entertainment Event Production experience
- Strong knowledge of technical design / show production (staging, video, audio, lighting) event needs
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Strong leadership skills – can lead teams and give clear direction
- Familiarity and / or strong use of Microsoft Office suite including Excel, Word and Outlook
- Good knowledge of the Disney brand, processes and culture
- Experience working with name talent and senior executives
- Strong organization skills
- Strong self-thinker, able to make smart decisions on the fly, self-driven
- Experience with event technology platforms (webcasts, online registration websites, virtual meeting technologies, etc.).
- Mac computer environment applications
- Certificate programs related to field
- Meeting management degree
- Guest / Customer Service experience
- Hotel, hospitality or related field
- Certified Meeting Professional (CMP)
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, music, theatre, hospitality management, marketing, business or related field (or equivalent experience).
- Masters degree in related field
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with The Walt Disney Company, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
The Walt Disney Company is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.