Already applied?View Dashboard
Sr ProducerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 532189BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Brand Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media Date posted Mar. 12, 2018
The Sr. Producer is responsible for leading an internal cross-functional game development team of Designers, Artists, Engineers and Product Managers; driving the entire production lifecycle of one or more casual mobile free-to-play games. He or she keeps the team motivated and productive. The Sr. Producer should constantly strive to improve processes, the team, and the final game product. To successfully execute the role, the candidate must have experience leading a game development team for iOS & Android platforms, have a deep understanding of game production processes, Agile project management, and running games-as-a-service in live operations. The Sr. Producer may also directly manage one or more producers.
Additionally, in collaboration with cross-functional Leads, the Sr. Producer develops and holds the vision/goals for the game: creative and business. The Sr. Producer should be able to easily telescope from the product vision at a macro level to the details of any given feature at a micro level. Throughout all phases of development, working in collaboration with other team leads, the candidate will develop and deliver creative solutions to achieve business objectives and prioritize features against ROI / financial targets. He or she is also responsible effectively communicating the shared vision to the development team, studio leadership, and other stakeholders. The Sr. Producer is ultimately held accountable for continually delivering a top quality game experience on schedule and on budget.
- Collaboratively develop and own the overall vision for a casual puzzle free-to-play (F2P) mobile game from concept, into active development, and through live operations.
- Proactively understand all game requirements: technical, legal, publishing, creative, business and ensure all are incorporated into the product vision
- Coordinate daily with Art, Tech, Game Design, and other teams to drive product deliverables.
- Effectively communicate with and influence the game team, partner stakeholders, and studio executives including giving presentations on game concepts, KPI and operational reports frequently.
- Lead by example. Set the tone for the team to ensure high productivity and morale: engagement, enthusiasm, passion and a strong work ethic.
- Build trust with relevant teams and stakeholders and obtain all necessary approvals (legal, filmmakers, etc.).
- Build and continually optimize efficient and effective team structures and processes. Challenge the status quo and offer solutions for improvements.
- Analyze competitive products and new business opportunities and make recommendations.
- Lead supporting producers and provide mentoring and growth.
- Accurately manage project budgets and development costs to targets.Understand and resonate with our players and the player experience and advocate for the very best quality
- Passion for video games a must!
- Proactive, results oriented, self-motivated, disciplined, creative problem solver
- Ability to influence colleagues from different professional backgrounds and organizational levels
- Strong aptitude for casual puzzle free-to-play (F2P) games
- Able to cope well and perform under pressure and strict deadlines
- Pragmatic: making games is complex, able to prioritize and focus when everything is high priority
- Able to build/maintain a creative, productive, motivated, world-class team culture
- Talent development, coaching and grooming junior production talent
- Thorough understanding of games’ commercial appeal, and motivations to different player demographics
- Takes accountability and ownership of projects from start to finish
- Solid project management foundation: Agile / Waterfall
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail
- Proficient at using production tools such as Wikis, Confluence, Jira, etc.
- Able to multi-task like a pro
- Affinity for Disney/Pixar
- Business strategy, CS, prototyping, or data-science background(s) a plus
- 6+ years of game industry experience
- 2+ years of experience producing mobile F2P games as a Sr. Producer
- 1+ years of experience live-operating a F2P game as a Sr. Producer
- At least one mobile F2P game shipped
- Proven cross-discipline leader with a track record of success
Required EducationBachelor’s Degree
About Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media:
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media (DCPI) is the business segment of The Walt Disney Company (NYSE:DIS) that brings our Company’s stories and characters to life through innovative and engaging physical products and digital experiences across more than 100 categories, from toys and t-shirts, to apps, books and console games. DCPI comprises four main lines of business: Global Licensing, Disney Retail, Publishing and Digital Media, and Games, Apps, and Labs. The segment is home to world-class teams of app and game developers, licensing and retail experts, a leading retail business (Disney Store), artists and storytellers, and technologists who inspire imaginations and bring the magic of Disney into the daily lives of families and fans around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Online, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media.
Disney Online is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.