Sr Product Design ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 781831BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Apr. 26, 2021
- Concept, design, sketch, prototype (including managing art-to-product, 3D modeling, sample creation, fit sessions, and electronic breadboards, where applicable), deliver and present trend-right consumer centric product lines that feature market-leading innovation and great price/value for each tier of the value pyramid
- Manage and execute product and licensed packaging approvals through online systems and collaborative approval meetings, ensuring high quality standards in character execution, in-depth storytelling, color, material, form and function while maximizing profitability
- Collaborate with internal partners (Creative Design, Brand Merchandising, Licensing Commercialization, Sourcing and Tech Design, BERGs, CBM, Legal, Business Affairs, Product Integrity, Integrated Retail, BPM, Public Affairs, D&I teams, Cultural Consultants) and external partners (Studios & Disney Channel Content Providers, Games, Publishing, WDI, Licensees, DTR Partners) to design and approve all products
- Collaborate with the greater product design and creative teams to drive up-front trends, overall creative direction and identify future areas of growth within the franchise and across product categories, including the preparation of custom design tools and retail pitches to differentiate by category
- Manage and develop direct report(s) through on-going feedback on performance
- Collaborate with Global Product Design teams
- Prepare creative/product retail custom design tools and pitches to differentiate by category
- Onboard new Licensees, DTR, halo partners globally and locally
- Monitor competitors, product innovation and market dynamics
- Multi-task and prioritize multiple design projects, running simultaneously with varying levels of complexity
- 5+ years of experience
- Prior experience leading others
- Strong knowledge in hardlines/softlines categories (raw materials, plastic, textiles, print, pattern, graphic composition, manufacturing)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Strong product design skills (e.g. 3D product design, technical design, sketching, creative application and manipulation of art, final mechanical art, fabric and trim identification)
- Strong computer software skills (e.g. MS Office, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field (e.g. industrial design, toy design, fashion design)
Additional Information:Benefits and Perks: Disney offers a rewards package to help you live your best life. This includes health and savings benefits, educational opportunities and special extras that only Disney can provide. Learn more about our benefits and perks at https://jobs.disneycareers.com/benefits.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Global Product Development and Creative, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.