Sr Product Integrity EngineerApply NowApply Later Job ID 792566BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May 17, 2021
The Senior Engineer, Product Integrity will support product compliance activities for new retail buyers. As the PI activities have expanded, additional support is needed at a senior expertise level that has the ability for senior engineering judgement and decision making under the supervision and leadership of the manager.
- Perform design reviews and risk assessments for select category products.
- Perform compliance product review for all assigned business units.
- Review Product packaging and labeling for language content/safety and regulatory issues.
- Provide disposition of testing reports and communicate same to affected parties clearly and in a timely manner.
- Review, prepare and create working procedures to meet programs of new buyers.
- Notify stakeholders including applicable vendors of upcoming changes to buyer’s product compliance requirements, regulatory changes, and Product Guideline revisions.
- Communicate with testing laboratories and suppliers to ensure clarity of test requirements and appropriate testing is performed.
- Develop and maintain PI program enhancements, including chemical management and periodic testing plans, for the assigned categories
- Maintain and update Disney Technical Product specifications, as required (Product Guidelines, Test Protocol, etc.)
- Track trends in Guest complaints and injuries
- Update Packaging and Labeling guides by ensuring regulatory changes and retailer buyer requirements are covered
- Communicate internationally with buying teams on design considerations from a safety standpoint.
- Provide applicable vendors training on Product Integrity processes, regulations and design requirements.
- Maintain effective work relationships by partnering with assigned Disney Sourcing groups and Buyers, worldwide, to ensure a high quality and safe product is delivered within cost and on time
- Act as a technical resource and safety consultant to Disney Sourcing, Brand Merchandising, Central Creative, and suppliers regarding appropriate statutory, regulatory, and Disney product safety requirements for specific types of merchandise
- Work with management to develop and maintain department’s standard operating procedures and technical databases
- Over 5 years in consumer product compliance/safety
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once
- Proficient with MS Access, Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Working knowledge of international consumer product regulations
- Working experience from a wholesale model
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree Engineering or equivalent
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.