Sr. Product Manager – Commerce
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 779484BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 31, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences & Products: Technology & Digital, a division of the Walt Disney Company, creates world-class immersive online & mobile experiences for premier vacation brands including Walt Disney World, Disneyland Resort, Hong Kong Disneyland, Disney Cruise Line and Disney Vacation Club.
The Retail Technology product team supports the “Consumer Products” family of products and their applications. Our product focus is on the platforms and applications that enable the Disney wholesale and retail business to function from end to end.
The Product Manager will be responsible for delivering insights to support key business decisions, delivering on strategic initiatives, and supporting the Retail Technology organization by helping to identify value-creation opportunities across the business. This role will be specifically focused on supporting and executing the strategy for the eCommerce, Commerce Services, and Omni-Channel products within the Retail Technology portfolio.
- Support for strategy development, portfolio reviews, and other key strategic projects
- Assess market opportunities and design strategies to capitalize on them
- Identify and measure business levers and identify and size opportunities they present
- Collaborate with product, technology, design and research teams to define KPIs, monitor performance to enable growth
- Assess competitive challenges and deliver clear strategic recommendations
- Solve ambiguous problems using both quantitative and qualitative data, and synthesize information to deliver key insights
- Conduct data analysis in partnership with strategy and research to inform business decisions
- Provide guidance to Product Analyst on work such as user stories, feature requirements, and must-win guidelines.
- 5+yrs experience working in product management
- Analytical mind with problem-solving aptitude; Ability to tell stories with data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to deliver simple and actionable analysis
- Strategic problem solver with big picture thinking
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills across multiple types of data; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and recommendations
- Strong passion for and knowledge of the technology industry
- Ability to flex and pivot quickly based on priority shifts and/or changes in workstream
- Ability to quickly interpret and synthesize data and information from multiple sources to develop insights and recommendations
- Highly effective oral and written communications skills, with ability to develop beneficial relationships and networks in order to achieve results
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- +1 year in a leadership role
- Consulting, strategic planning, marketing, market research, product management, or product development experience preferred.
- Strong knowledge of the eCommerce industry, and Retail in general.
- Experience with web, native app, and hybrid app delivery.
- Education and/or experience in a technical discipline (computer science, software engineering, decision science, AI/ML) a plus.
- Experience with Salesforce Commerce Cloud
- Experience with Vertex
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.