Sr Product Manager IIApply NowApply Later Job ID 7119749620220417 Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Jul. 05, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
The Content Platforms’ Screeners team is looking for a Product Manager to support the day-to-day activities of the Product Lifecycle. This individual will have the opportunity to be a part of the team that will define and launch products in support of the DMED media screening platform that will serve the feature and TV screening use cases of any TWDC segment for both pre-release and post release content across multiple devices/platforms. This screening platform often provides the secure, first view into our content to media, press and influencers as well as internal executives or VIP users. The product role is critical to ensuring our screening platform provides an intuitive, consumer grade interface that is inviting and showcases our best in class content.
As the Product Manager, you will have the opportunity to dive deep into the business capabilities and learn the Disney processes. Your responsibilities include gathering and prioritizing business requirements and translating that into product specifications. Working in a cross-functional team environment with design, engineering, infrastructure, and QA (Quality Assurance), you will help reimagine the product for the future business of The Walt Disney Company, with focus in maximizing automation, driving operational improvements, and support the acceleration of our Direct-to-Consumer business.
- Collaborate with business partners and cross-functional teams to identify and clearly define business requirements
- Align business partners and cross-functional teams on product vision and strategy
- Exhibit natural and intuitive user empathy
- Can clearly articulate product strategy and manage business partners expectations accordingly
- Make thoughtful, well documented assumptions
- Assist in process alignment and standardization
- Own product management for a distinct Product/Platform in the Screening domain
- Support definition of Product Strategy in the Screening area
- Define and align Product Roadmaps, clearly communicating the connection between vision, strategy, objectives, and roadmap
- Own definition of cost/benefit analysis and prepare lean business case
- Derive realistic product targets / KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) (with help for complex products)
- Active use of product frameworks and tools to document information in a structured way (user journey maps, flow, information architecture, etc.)
- Lead business partner engagements to analyze the value proposition of business requests and provide alternative solutions, as needed to ensure we stay consistently focused on the product strategy
- Manage maintenance and prioritization of product backlog, ensuring transparent, well aligned & justified prioritization within your area of responsibility
- Guide team through selecting, crafting, and validating effective solutions for problems (with help for complex problems)
- Slice solutions to a viable minimum product that effectively solve prioritized requirements
- Key participant of daily scrum meetings, planning, reviews, and retrospectives
- Lead Retrospectives, as needed
- Own User Acceptance Test (UAT) Scripts
- Own User Acceptance Testing (UAT), working in collaboration with Operations & Change Management
- Coordinate major product releases
- Own system processes, user guides, and training materials on product features where needed
- Collaborate, partner and coordinate with cross-functional teams (engineering, design, QA, and product leadership) to streamline product features and enhance business processes
- Partner with engineering and program managers to implement solutions aligned with the product strategy and Content Platforms strategic objectives
- Mentor junior product managers
- Support any other activities / duties to help achieve business objectives
Required Education :
- Bachelor’s degree in technology related fields, such as Information Systems, Computer Science, or similar field
- 7+ year of product management experience, preferably in digital/mobile environment / OTT / media & entertainment including consumer facing products
- Demonstrate strong product experience and knowledge of current Product trends
- Self-starter and can work independently under time constraints and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate strong presentation and ability to clearly communicate goals, status, and issues
- Demonstrate strong technical writing skills
- Demonstrate ability to derive actionable insights or alternative solutions through research
- Demonstrate understanding of how to combine qualitative and quantitative data sources
- Efficiently support experimentation execution and analysis, such as proof of concepts
- Demonstrate ability to define Product Roadmaps
- Demonstrate understanding of architecture and dependencies of the product domain
- Demonstrate understanding of business modeling and analysis via structured cost/benefit analysis
- Demonstrate understanding and ability to write and prioritize user stories
- Demonstrate ability to adjust and pivot as business strategy and product priorities shifts
- Experienced in leading and/or facilitating business workshops
- Experienced in communicating and translating product features across all functional areas (Design, Engineering, Marketing, QA, Change Management, and Project Management)
- Exhibits a clear understanding of and in-depth experience in development process, methodologies, and tools
- Can be provide guidance to junior team members
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge and experience in product management for media/entertainment supply chain or web/mobile application development ideally for consumer facing products
- Exhibits an appreciation and experience in incorporating data science and analytics in holistic product solutions
Preferred Education :
- MBA or Masters in related technical field preferred
- Exposure or experience with Agile development tools, such as Jira and Confluence
- Prior work experience in streaming video products
- 3+ years in Media and Entertainment industry digital media supply chain experience
- Enthusiasm and interests in Disney brands
- Understanding of media production workflows, digital video workflows, or consumer-facing video product features
- Proven ability to develop and work towards a clear product vision; with experience in building a net new product and ability to reengineer existing product.
- Understanding of video/audio/subtitle formats and video quality as well as experience with video technical metadata, audio technical metadata, watermarking and DRM.
- Experience developing on multiple platforms (iOS, TvOS, Mac, PC, Chromecast, Roku)
The Team :Ever wonder how the innovative storytelling from the world’s most beloved brands – Star Wars, Marvel, Pixar, ESPN, 20th Century, National Geographics, FX, Freeform, Disney Channels, ABC, and more -- makes it to viewers around the globe and beyond (yes, we also deliver content to the International Space Station)? Come join our growing team that builds global products, platforms and tools that deliver and monetize our company's unmatched collection of content, power our businesses and reflect the company's innovative spirit.
We are the Content Platforms team with a mission to “reimagine the technical ecosystem that empowers The Walt Disney Company to harness its unparalleled storytelling and distribute it around the world.” Content Platforms is part of the Disney Media and Entertainment Distribution (DMED) segment which is responsible for The Walt Disney Company’s direct-to-consumer businesses globally, including the ESPN+ sports streaming service, programmed in conjunction with ESPN; Disney+, the Disney-branded direct-to-consumer streaming service; global advertising sales and ad technology for all of Disney’s media properties, including ABC, ESPN, Freeform, FX Networks, National Geographic and the Disney Channels; Hotstar, the leading over-the-top streaming service in India; and the Company’s majority ownership stake in Hulu.
- Enjoy working with teams of talented and passionate people
- Have excellent communication skills
- Demonstrate determination in finding solutions to complex puzzles
- Have the curiosity and interests in how content goes from inception to consumers
- Employ positive thinking and are able to work constructively in a diverse team setting
- Enjoy transforming business strategy into innovative products & platforms
- Value learning and being exposed to new experiences
- Love working in a startup culture
- Find Media & Entertainment industry fascinating
then Content Platforms team is the place for you. We are growing and investing in innovative technology to deliver a state-of-the-art content pipeline. Come be a part of the magic that makes The Walt Disney Company one of the “World’s Most Admired Companies”.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.