Sr. Product Manager
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 855714BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Sep. 15, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) brings together the Company’s best-in-class product, technology, and commercialization teams together into one global organization. DMED is responsible for the P&L management and all distribution, network and engineering operations, sales, advertising, data, and certain key technology functions worldwide for the Company's content engines. DMED also manages operations of the Company's streaming services including Disney+, Hulu, ESPN+, and Disney+ HotStar, as well as domestic broadcast and cable television networks.
DMED Technology creates products, platforms, and innovations for the DMED Segment and The Walt Disney Company by driving the strategic development and use of technology, building scalable systems and products to empower our businesses and engage consumers. With global scale, local presence, and deep technological excellence, DMED Technology helps DMED and The Walt Disney Company optimize technology, platforms, and resources, while bringing creative ideas to life and creating industry-shaping approaches.
The Supervisor, Product Management position supports systems and work with Disney’s Media Entertainment Distribution (DMED) Segment. This position supports technical systems and processes for Disney Talent Group. This position provides for business analyst efforts supporting multiple systems, integrations, and processes. The systems and associated data sets are used by several Disney segments and teams. The functions are integral to servicing our Disney Talent Group teams and our customers in the various media distribution lines of business.
This role will supervise a team and business requirement discussions around needs for the systems supporting the Talent Finance Team. They will generate workflow diagrams to support business process and technical data streams across the technology stack. This person will collaborate with software development teams and vendors on development needs/gaps and ensure there is proper understanding of any requirements. The person in this role will coordinate with other implementation team members to ensure on time delivery of solutions with agreed functions.
Responsible for defining, prioritizing, and managing the strategic roadmap that supports the Residuals line of business. A primary subject matter expert who has an excellent understanding of the Residuals accounting processes in order to comprehend the business needs. Builds and maintains strong business partner relationships, demonstrating a deep understanding of the business functions in effort to guide technology priorities and workflow efficiencies. Candidate should be aware of the business and technology trends in the Media and Entertainment industry, preferably with experience in Residuals and other financial contract reporting segments.
- Builds relationships with business partners to understand their information-based needs and priorities
- Act as the application subject matter expert, working with clients and stakeholders to both address issues and recommend/implement enhancements
- Leads a team of product managers providing guidance on and ensuring product management best practices
- Defines and maintains a set of strategic product roadmaps within the Talent Finance portfolio
- Serve as key contact to manage requirements discussions with teams from Residuals
- Reviews and approves product requirements, ensuring these requirements align with the overall product vision stated in the strategic product roadmap
- Support senior management and project management to drive change required based on new business processes and business functions working with Residuals and Participations business leadership
- Maintain and communicate project status in the domain of responsibility, as required for technology stakeholders and business partners
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and cross-functional environment, and manage multiple priorities across a mix of ad hoc and operational projects
- 7+ years of experience in technical field
- Agile certification and 2-3+ years of experience using Agile SCRUM methodology in the Product Owner role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent training or work experience
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and matrixed organization, executing on several initiatives concurrently while balancing competing priorities
- Collaborative workstyle with exceptional communication and teamwork skills
- Strong communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal skills and ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Strong partnering skills and ability to work within a collaborative team environment
- Proven ability to meet project milestones and customer expectations
- Ability to communicate with all levels of organization (End Users - Sr. Executive Level) and team members
- Responsive to business needs and highly motivated to improve the skills and capabilities of his/her organization
- Ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Proficient use of Microsoft SQL, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio
- You have experience using JIRA and other product and project management tools
- Expertise in the entertainment industry is preferred specifically related to Participations, Residuals, Royalties, and/or studio payroll
- Product Owner certification
- Agile/Scrum Master certification
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.