Sr Product ManagerApply NowApply Later Job ID 10025302 Location Texas, United States / Burbank, California, United States / Glendale, California, United States / San Francisco, California, United States / New York, New York, United States / Seattle, Washington, United States Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution Date posted Nov. 10, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid Preferred, Remote Possible
- This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely. A remote opportunity may be possible for qualified candidates under certain circumstances and, if granted, the employee would work remotely on an ongoing basis.
The Next Generation Storytelling team is seeking a strategic product manager with strong influencing and communication skills and deep expertise developing innovative and next generation consumer experiences. This product manager will support the development of a connected ecosystem, consumer-facing platform that drives persistent connections with consumers while unlocking new canvases for storytelling. This role requires a combination of strong product strategy, new innovations, data analysis, process improvements, passionate execution and accountability.
This role will work with a high performing, cross-functional teams to drive and execute product roadmaps and deliver business impact. This individual will have strong experience in team collaboration, exceptional partner management skills, and will bring an understanding of the interplay between product, engineering, design, and the business to evolve capabilities through partnerships and long-term product planning.
The ideal candidate will be a skilled cross-functional collaborator, with experience in emerging technology and consumer-oriented technology services. The role requires a solid foundation in product management, cross-functional team collaboration, and the ability to rapidly synthesize complex information and drive development across multiple stakeholder groups.
- Drive the product development of new consumer-facing platforms.
- Build and maintain the process and underlying platforms that enable these consumer experiences.
- Execute against systematic processes to drive long term roadmaps, new initiatives, and ongoing development of priority features and capabilities for each product
- Collaborate with key stakeholders and cross-division partners to develop, champion, and launch new initiatives
- Identify and build comprehensive cross-product strategies and product improvements
- BS/BA in Computer Science, Marketing, Entertainment, Business, Media or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in the media industry, preferably with experience in digital products and emerging technology.
- 3+ years’ experience in product management
- Experience driving product development, including experience navigating day-to-day decisions and trade-offs
- Strong relationship-building skills and experience working closely with leaders and cross-functional partners
- Creative and strategic thinker with proven ability to create and deliver strategic product plans
- Entrepreneurial mindset, proactive thinker with the ability to thrive in an often ambiguous, fast paced environment while navigating a complex organizational structure.
- Ability to think strategically and effectively communicate and execute
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving, analytical, team management, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong team player who is also an independent thinker; effective at building relationships, collaborating, and influencing others; experience working with senior executives across various geographies and functions
- Experience in technology, digital, media, and/or advertising business
The hiring range for this remote position is $97,580 to $200,200 per year, which factors in various geographic regions. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Tech, which is part of a business we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution.
Disney Streaming Tech is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.