Sr Product ManagerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 522715BR Location Burbank, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Brand The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted May. 16, 2018
Job Summary:At Disney, we‘re storytellers. We make the impossible, possible. We do this through utilizing and developing cutting-edge technology and pushing the envelope to bring stories to life through our movies, products, interactive games, parks and resorts, and media networks. Now is your chance to join our talented team that delivers unparalleled creative content to audiences around the world.
We’re looking for a Product Manager who is passionate about empowering the workforce of Disney with innovative solutions that allow our cast members and employees to be more productive and integrated with the work they’re doing on a day to day basis. The right candidate has a passion for solutioning with bots / VPAs (virtual private assistants), AI/ML/cognitive services, and collaboration platforms. They are ready to serve as a champion and partner for positive change and evolution in the workforce experience.
This Product Manager will play a critical role in partnering with engineering, service delivery, and segment experts on new product evaluations, software development/integrations, and service evolution in key critical areas:
- Conversational Bots, AIs and Workplace Automation
- Conversational Platforms for Inner Loop (Project Team) and Outer Loop (Enterprise-wide) collaboration
- WorkLab Initiatives focused on the future of the workplace
PRODUCT MANAGEMENT/PRODUCT OWNERSHIP
* Product Strategy Design and Integration for Conversational Applications (e.g. Slack, Microsoft Teams, Yammer, and Workplace by Facebook) in the Enterprise and definition/implementation of Enterprise-Reaching Bot program within these environments as well as voice experiences (Alexa for Business, Cortana, Siri).
CROSS-SEGMENT DISNEY WORKLAB PARTICIPATION
* Partnership with Studio Technology Innovation Group on Disney WorkLAB, segment technology teams, and partner vendors on pilots and experiments pertaining to new technology experiences.
* Translating these experiences to a workplace setting and partnering with service delivery teams in Workforce Enablement to bring them to our cast and employees across Disney.
* Work with cross functional teams to handoff for internal engineering or vendor-based implementation of qualified concepts.
* 2+ years of experience in a Product Management role
* 1+ years of experience in a Business Analysis role
* 2+ years of recent experience in Web or Mobile Software Development
* Exceptional verbal, written, and visual communication skills, including an ability to communicate effectively with business and non-technical stakeholders in all levels of organization (executive stakeholders to end-users).
* Familiar with UI/UX design, wire-framing, and customer journey mapping.
* Proven track record of driving ideation, definition, analysis, validation, agile development, maintenance, and end-of-life.
* Able to thrive in ambiguous situations, driving clarity and focus, setting priorities, and converting ideas into action.
* Highly organized, detail-oriented and able to manage multiple ongoing priorities.
* Intermediate proficiency in web development and web technologies.
* Intermediate/Advanced usage and integration of collaborative chat platforms (Slack, HipChat, Microsoft Teams, or Yammer).
* Willing to wear many hats (e.g. Product Manager, Business Analyst, Software Engineer, Project Manager) when required and engage in both planning, presentation, and hands-on work to move the needle and drive change. · Understands the latest technologies around AI/ML, Bots, AR/VR, IoT through early adoption and passion for consumer technologies or prior work experience.
* 4+ years of recent experience in Web or Mobile Software Development
* Professional experience in software development of web and mobile applications.
* Experience deploying public cloud solutions to Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, or Google Cloud
* Experience with Amazon Alexa Skill Kit, Amazon Lex, Microsoft Bot Framework, Google Home, Facebook Custom Integrations/Bots, ARKit/ARCore/Unity
* Product management or software development of conversational bots using enterprise or consumer platforms (e.g. Slack, Facebook, Alexa, Siri, Cortana, Teams)
* Earlier experience in product ownership or administration of enterprise social platforms (Yammer, Slack, Microsoft Teams, Workplace by Facebook, Jive)
* Experience in developing and deploying bots to enterprise platforms
- Bachelor's Degree or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, User Experience and Interaction Design, Artificial Intelligence/Cognitive Sciences
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Human Computer Interaction, User Experience and Interaction Design, Artificial Intelligence/Cognitive Sciences
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Worldwide Services, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.