Sr. Project Manager - Global Content OperationsApply NowApply Later Job ID 867008BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Streaming Date posted Oct. 15, 2021
The Strategy team within GCO is responsible for setting the framework for execution, project management, setting KPIs and reporting on supply chain activity, as well as process improvement across the supply chain.
We are seeking a proactive, strategic Sr. Project Manager who will be part of the Disney Streaming Services’ Global Content Operations team in Glendale, CA, and reporting to the Director of Strategy. You will be responsible for lifecycle planning and project management of the Content Supply Chain to support our continued global expansion of Disney+. The scope of the role includes project setup, milestone tracking, risk assessment and mitigation, and reporting on status throughout. The role will require strong collaboration and leadership with multiple teams across the company as well as stakeholder management of all levels.
The ideal candidate will have proven experience in go-to-market project management and execution and in making sense out of chaos. They will be proactive to find solutions and make the right connections with people in order to solve complex problems. They will be savvy with data visualizations and systems in order to present project status and summaries. They will not be afraid to innovate new paths, influence to get buy-in from partner teams, or escalate when needed.
In success, territory launches and projects you drive will be executed smoothly, but you will be agile enough to plan for and pivot when surprises or roadblocks arise. You will drive clarity for all teams involved and have gained their respect through partnership. You not only will come up with short-term plans, but a long-term roadmap to ensure subsequent territory launches are more efficient and cost effective. You are a clear communicator, both written and verbal, and can command a room. You seek simplicity and always have the customer in mind when creating solutions.
- Create project plan (workflow tasks and milestones) for large-scale territory launches for Disney+ to guarantee timely, high-quality execution across the supply chain
- Direct various teams (Global Content Operations, Global Programming, Studio Operations, Media Delivery, Marketing, Launch PMO, Product, and Local Programming and Business teams) on roles and responsibilities, workflow, timelines and requirements per project, keeping each team accountable for their deliverables. Remove roadblocks for interdependent teams.
- Assess, communicate and mitigate risk, creating contingency plans as necessary. Manage through issue resolution.
- Communicate both detailed and high-level progress to stakeholders at large including executives
- Create and maintain documentation including project plans, templates, executive summaries and post-mortems
- 5+ years project management or consulting experience in direct-to-consumer organizations having incepted new projects and workflows at large scale
- Ability to communicate effectively on a regular cadence to wide audiences on overall project health
- Able to articulate complex situations in simple terms and clearly identify next steps
- Strong attention to detail
- Global mindset, nuanced ability to communicate across cultures
- Ability to build relationships and communicate with global contacts
- Savvy with data analysis and presentation
- Comfortable using various data management systems and tools (CMS, Excel, Google and Microsoft suites, Smartsheet, etc.)
- Proven ability to manage through influence in complex organizational structures
- Ability to solve for the short term while constantly thinking of sustainable long-term plans
- 7+ years’ relevant experience
- Experience with international expansion and digital platform launches
- Streaming service experience
- Familiarity with content asset types and production and distribution lifecycles
- Personal affinity for the brands and franchises of The Walt Disney Company
About Disney Streaming:
Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Streaming Services LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Streaming.
Disney Streaming Services LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.