Staff Security Engineer, Network (Project Hire)Apply Now Apply Later Job ID 10069156 Location California, United States / Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Company (Corporate) Date posted Feb. 08, 2024
We are defenders of the magic, waging an epic battle to safeguard our franchises, protect our people, and ensure the world’s most admired entertainment company is not disrupted by cybersecurity threats. The Walt Disney Company is scouring the known talent universe to find security engineers desiring to join our Studios Cyber Team. This position builds and operates systems which provide the stay secure capabilities to our Studio customers. We are partners in protecting Disney’s highly respected portfolio including Marvel Studios, Pixar Animation Studios, Lucasfilm, Disney Live Action Films, Walt Disney Animation Studios, Searchlight Pictures, and 20th Century Studios.
To exceed the expectations of our talented, creative partners, we need highly motivated, customer focused professionals who are inspired by finding new ways to deliver world class cybersecurity capabilities. We’re looking to build a team of proactive engineers with a self-starter attitude who can be comfortable with little supervision to meet agreed upon deliverables. Taking initiative and providing viable solutions to problems is critical to being a highly effective team member as we help enable the great content engine of our company.
Areas of Responsibilities:
- Firewall Deployment and Management: Provide consultation and support over configurations over enterprise-level firewalls to safeguard our network from unauthorized access, intrusions, and threats.
- Cloud Networking: Partner with the Studios to design and optimize secure network connectivity between on-premises systems and various cloud platforms, ensuring seamless data flow and confidentiality.
- VPN Technologies: Design and administer Virtual Private Network (VPN) solutions, enabling secure remote access for employees and partners.
- Network Access Control: Develop and enforce access control policies to restrict unauthorized network access and protect sensitive information.
- Monitoring: Assist in the development and maintenance of procedures to monitor network traffic, detect anomalies, and respond to potential security incidents proactively.
- Automation and Scripting: Implement automation tools and create scripts to streamline network management tasks, reduce manual intervention, and improve overall efficiency.
- Network Security Audits: Conduct regular security assessments, vulnerability scans, and penetration tests to identify potential weaknesses and ensure compliance with security standards.
- Incident Response: Participate in incident response activities, investigate security breaches, and contribute to incident mitigation strategies.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintain comprehensive documentation of network configurations, security measures, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Emerging Technologies Evaluation: Stay updated with the latest advancements in network security technologies and recommend relevant solutions to enhance our security posture.
- Consult and collaborate with multiple technical teams to design and implement security technology protections and mature operational processes.
- Participates in regular reporting, maintaining accountability and transparency within the Studios Cyber Team
- Remains current on industry trends in cyber risk with industry standards (ISO 27001/2, NIST, CIS), regulatory requirements, and certification on common toolsets used in the Studios.
- Mentor and peer coach engineering and operations colleagues to provide direction, oversight and a clear path to secure design and implementation of processes, technology configuration, and operating procedures.
- Minimum of 7+ years in network security engineering, with a focus on Palo Alto firewall deployments, cloud networking, load-balancing, VPN technologies, and access.
- Proficiency in working with automation tools and platforms, and scripting languages (e.g., Python, PowerShell) for network automation platforms (Ansible/Terraform).
- Hands-on experience with Netflow analysis and other network monitoring tools.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud Platform and their networking security features.
- Strong knowledge of cybersecurity principles, attack vectors, and defense strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and troubleshoot network security incidents effectively.
- Comfortable to translate from cyber jargon into compelling stories on business value, customer benefits, cybersecurity value, and technical risk management.
- Customer obsessed to understand our business drivers. Deeply curious to discover elegant solutions for cyber defense capabilities including threat and vulnerability management, event monitoring, and incident response.
- Hands-on experience configuring multiple operating systems, databases, security platforms, and system integrations.
- One or more current security related certifications (e.g., CISSP, SANS GIAC, etc.)
- One or more cloud security certifications (AWS, Azure, GCP, CCSP).
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Software Engineering, Electrical or Electronics Engineering or comparable field of study, and/or equivalent work experience.
This is a 30-month Project Hire position with no guarantee of permanent placement. Disney Worldwide Services, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
The hiring range for this position in California is $123,902 to $166,210 per year. The base pay actually offered will take into account internal equity and also may vary depending on the candidate’s geographic region, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience among other factors. A bonus and/or long-term incentive units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to the full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the level and position offered.
About The Walt Disney Company (Corporate):
At Disney Corporate you can see how the businesses behind the Company’s powerful brands come together to create the most innovative, far-reaching and admired entertainment company in the world. As a member of a corporate team, you’ll work with world-class leaders driving the strategies that keep The Walt Disney Company at the leading edge of entertainment. See and be seen by other innovative thinkers as you enable the greatest storytellers in the world to create memories for millions of families around the globe.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Corp Srvcs Co, LLC, which is part of a business we call The Walt Disney Company (Corporate).
Disney Corp Srvcs Co, LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.