Sr Software Engineer - Android
Glendale, California, United States; Celebration, Florida, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 779740BR Location Glendale, California, United States; Celebration, Florida, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 31, 2021
Job Summary:The Play Disney Parks team is looking for a Senior Android Software Engineer to help us build ground-breaking digital experiences. As a Senior engineer you will be a key member of a small team of developers. Every day, you’ll work with team members across disciplines developing features and systems for the Play Disney Parks app. You’ll interact daily with our product managers to understand our domain and create technical solutions that push us forward.
The ideal candidate is someone who loves to code and can work hand-in-hand with experts from product development, design, software test and other partners to give our Guests the best-in-class experiences they expect.
- Strongly collaborative and excels on a focused team
- Desires to learn new things, try new technology, and seek opportunities to grow and mentor.
- A smart, results-oriented person with a mix of passion for solid application architecture and coding, who also has the soft skills of building relationships and consensus.
- Strong ability to maintain focus and problem solve through obstacles in a dynamic, fast-paced environment; provides realistic estimations and escalates proactively when necessary
- Connects their code to the business problems being solved and translates effectively across business and technical boundaries; motivated to learn about and impact new markets
- Build well-designed, well-engineered, stable, performant native Android applications using Kotlin.
- Manage and participate in the software development lifecycle, including the planning, development, testing, release, and live ops stages
- Write unit and integration tests for your code
- Work both independently and collaborate with a team of engineers with peer reviews to learn from and teach one another.
- Partner with business stakeholders to deliver features on time and to specifications
- Provide detailed estimates of work and ensure timely delivery of features.
- Continuously learn and keep up to date with emerging technologies to evaluate impact to business and member value.
- Deliver an outstanding experience for our Guests.
- 5+ years of full software development lifecycle experience
- Deep understanding and proficiency in building Android mobile apps in either Kotlin or Java
- Strong knowledge of Android UI design principles, patterns, and best practices.
- Passionate about writing clean, well-organized, and production-ready code.
- Experience working with Git version control, or equivalent, in a collaborative team environment, creating pull requests and performing code reviews.
- Self-motivated with strong problem-solving skills.
- Excellent communication skills and experience working collaboratively with cross-functional teams of product managers, designers, and engineers.
- Be organized and able to remain productive even when you have multiple deliverables.
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field or equivalent experience
- Experience using Google's Firebase or Firestore
- Experience with C#/Unity
- Experience with multiple mobile platforms.
- Full-stack development experience
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.