Sr Software Engineer, Full Stack Application Development
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 775051BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 02, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products (DPEP) Technology includes the world’s leading Licensing & Publishing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps, as well as the world’s largest children’s publisher. We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with full stack development experience. The Senior Software Engineer will apply practical knowledge of development and engineering to develop, test and implement software/application fixes, enhancements, components, and/or new software systems and applications at the enterprise level.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Create and maintain documentation and specifications
- Write unit, integration, end-to-end, and other relevant tests
- Manage deliverables and deadlines in an agile setting
- Heavy involvement in the design of critical software components, systems, and features
- Mentor and train other team members on design principles, and coding best practices
- Interact and coordinate deliverables with other technical groups in the organization
- Learn new languages, frameworks, and technologies as needed
- Participate as needed in 24x7 production support
- Provide root-cause analysis and solution to resolve production issues
- 5+ years Java/J2EE experience with at least 2 years of experience with large scale and complex systems
- Strong fundamental knowledge Angular, Node JS
- Experience with Spring Core, JPA and MyBatis (or other Java Persistence/ORM frameworks)
- Solid understanding of design and implementation of REST API and microservices
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle, or SQL Server, or other databases. Strong in SQL and stored procedures
- Experience with code versioning in a continuous integration/deployment setting
- Experience with AWS cloud services and development is preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with the entire web stack
- Experience with localization
- Experience working on large scale enterprise B2B systems
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent work experience required.
- MS degree in Computer Science or related field
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.