Sr. Software Engineer in Test
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 964658BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business General Entertainment Content Date posted Apr. 26, 2022 Flex Type Hybrid
Job Summary:The Walt Disney Company is a world-class entertainment and technology leader. Walt’s passion was to continuously envision new ways to move audiences around the world—a passion that remains our touchstone in an enterprise that stretches from: animation, theme parks, resorts and a cruise line to sports, news, movies and a variety of other businesses. Uniting each endeavor is a commitment to creating and delivering unforgettable experiences — and we’re constantly looking for new ways to enhance these exciting experiences. Part of the Disney Branded Television, Disney Television Animation is a high capacity digital animation television production studio. Because of Disney Television Animation’s strong use of commercial and custom software technologies to create its animation products, its use of technology, engineering, development techniques and software is critical to its production operations and workflows.
Responsibilities:The Senior Software Development Engineer in Test (SSDET) is the bridge between end users and the software developers. The SSDET’s core responsibilities are to detect bugs / flaws in both frontend and backend software solutions before the end user is involved. Once the SSDET documents and demonstrates suspected software problems to management and the software engineering teams, the software is re-vised and re-tested in cycles until approved for release to end users.
- Analyze / test software integration and solutions.
- Estimate/measure software performance.
- Write automated test scripts for both web and desktop application testing.
- Present technical issues and status to senior and executive management.
- Document system and framework architectures.
- Create metrics to measure and manage automation.
- Documenting SSDET procedures / workflow and software issues.
- Interact with end users and development staff to assist in ensuring software solutions meet expectations.
- Assist with overall software design and performance tuning.
- Provide administrative and high level support for developed solutions.
- Provide statistical data / reporting on SSDET processes as needed.
- Proactively research and evaluate new technologies.
- Minimum 5 years of professional automated software testing experience
- Experience with Docker and Git workflows
- Knowledge of Design Patterns for Enterprise Level Application Development
- Able to communicate technical information effectively to both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Ability to work well individually and collaboratively
This role is considered hybrid, which means the employee will work a portion of their time on-site from a Company designated location and the remainder of their time remotely.
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.