Sr Software Engineer (JAVA, J2EE, SQL Stored Procedures)
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 641242BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 28/02/2019
The Senior Software Engineer will focus on the following key responsibility areas: Software Development and Production Support, while interacting with onshore and offshore development resources, vendors, professional service providers, and global business partners.
- Developing and deploying J2EE applications to integrate enterprise systems (J2EE packaged software).
- Programming with JAVA (Multi-Threading), J2EE, JNDI, JDBC, PL/SQL
- Stored procedures in SQL
- Programming with Web 2.0 technologies
- Lead root-cause analysis efforts to resolve production issues which are escalated from Level 1/Level 2 Support Teams
- 5+ years of Java/J2EE experience.
- Solid experience with relational databases such as Sybase, Oracle, or SQL Server.
- Strong understanding of database (SQL and stored procedure)
- Good time management and organization skills.
- Excellent analytical, trouble shooting and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Excellent communication abilities - written and oral.
- Experience with Git for source control
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (Jenkins), build tools like Maven/Ant
- Web Application Server - IBM WebSphere
- Web Servers - Apache, IIS
- Reporting – Crystal Reports / Crystal Enterprise
- Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Google Docs, SharePoint
- Financial industry background a plus.
- Implementation of SaaS applications in finance or contract administration a plus.
- Experience with Spring Core, JPA and MyBatis (or other Java Persistence/ORM frameworks) is a plus.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Disney Consumer Products and Interactive Media, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.