Sr. Software Engineer – Production Tools and Pipeline
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 675708BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Disney Television Animation Date posted 07/06/2019
Responsibilities:The Senior Software Engineer (SSE) is a senior level Software Engineer, responsible for designing and developing code/software solutions and maintaining existing code/software for the Television Animation business unit.
A high-level breakdown of the Senior Software Engineer’s responsibilities follows:
- Analyzing production software procedures and problems
- Evaluating the effectiveness of existing software solutions
- Making recommendations to improve: production software output, efficiency, and workflow
- Software analysis and design
- Code testing / integration
- High-level support of developed code
- Image Processing and digital pipeline application development
The SSE partners with the technology department’s management, department staff and production personnel to determine software engineering needs. Additionally, the SSE reviews existing software system capabilities to decide what changes can be made within existing systems and when new systems must be added to provide solutions - whichever meets productions need in the timeliest manner and fits within the specific budget.
The SSE is responsive to our environment’s critical production timelines and is able to analyze bugs/ system glitches, track them to the corrupted code, implement timely repairs, and make recommendations for avoiding similar situations via code/software/system changes and code management procedures.
- 5 years + working in a digital production software development environment or equivalent experience
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
- Must be able to work independently with technical and non-technical staff to determine application needs
- Strong documentation techniques and possess creativity in developing easy-to-use tools and “quick fixes”
- Must understand a range of computer languages and operating systems:
- Linux, Windows and Mac OS X
- Strong C, C++ development skills
- Experience with Python development
- Experience with Qt development framework
- Experience with multi-processing development
- Experience with image processing, compositing development and relevant algorithms
- Experience with Svn, Git
- Experience with Maya/MEL software development
- Experience with Open GL development
- Experience with GPU, CUDA, OpenCL development a plus
- Experience with Objective-C development a plus
- Experience with ToonBoom development a plus
- Familiarity with image processing, compositing and editing software
i.e.: Nuke, Media Composer
- Familiarity with color spaces, OpenColorIO
- Able to communicate technical information effectively – both written and verbally
- Ability to quickly pick-up unfamiliar programming languages and technologies
- Ability to strategically solve complex technical issues
- Ability to work in a fast paced, production critical environment
- Must be well organized and detailed oriented
Required EducationBachelor’s degree in a technical discipline
About Disney Television Animation:
Disney Television Animation loves characters. Characters reveal our deepest emotions and what it means to be human… even if you're an animated duck, mouse, muppet, lion, boy or girl. Are you the type of character that loves animation and wants to be part of the team that makes the magic happen? Disney Television Animation, an integral part of The Walt Disney Company, creates many of the company's most beloved animated shows. If you've got a passion to join our team of talented professionals, we want to hear your story.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call Disney Television Animation.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.