Sr. Software Engineer - Tools & Automation
Glendale, California, United StatesApply NowApply Later
Job ID 775045BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted Mar. 05, 2021
Job Summary:Disney Parks, Experiences, and Products is seeking a highly motivated and experienced individual to join the talented team of developers building the business unit’s eCommerce platforms. This individual will collaborate closely with other developers to improve the efficiency and velocity of the team.
The ideal candidate is a full stack engineer with a high attention to detail to help the team build internal tools integrating across multiple development teams. The position is perfect for a self-motivated, eager, polyglot with strong communications skills. You have a strong dislike of doing any manual process more than once and outdated documentation keeps you awake at night. You will be responsible for eliminating inefficiencies during the SDLC by writing internal tools to automate and accelerate the team’s delivery. Moreover, you will be expected to deliver quickly and iteratively in an agile environment while building and improving a world class platform.
- 5+ years of experience in software development.
- Advanced Experience in command line scripting.
- Advanced Experience with JS build tools (Webpack preferred).
- Advanced Experience using Git and especially in a large organization with distributed development teams.
- Experience automating processes via APIs.
- Experience building software with Docker.
- Experience with continuous integration, continuous delivery, and workflow automation.
- Experience using Jenkins and creating Jenkins Pipelines
- Familiarity with Salesforce Commerce Cloud (highly desirable), SFRA ideal.
- Familiarity with Cloud Provider Stacks (Google Cloud Platform or AWS).
- Familiarity with Swagger.
- Demonstrated experience with Test Automation, Unit Testing, Functional Testing, and Code Quality best practices. Sonarqube experience is a plus.
- Demonstrated excellence with complex challenges.
- Demonstrated experience with coding best practices.
- Familiarity with software development methodologies: Agile, Scrum, XP; iterative and incremental development.
- Familiarity with PII, PCI, and best practices in Information Security.
- Familiarity with ADA Interactivity Accessibility best practices.
- Familiarity with software design patterns.
- Familiarity with Jira (or other Ticketing tools)
- Familiarity with software modeling in UML or similar.
- Familiarity with Confluence (or other documentation/wikis)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Facilitate the creation of new tooling to improve the efficiency and velocity of the team
- Eliminate redundant manual processes that have to be repeated regularly
- Design and implement code that is efficient and reliable.
- Create scripts to streamline the build and release process
- Create scripts to streamline the developer setup process
- Create tools to ensure consistency across the different environments.
- Create tools to ensure there is a clear understanding of the current state of the different environments
- Serve as a source of experience and as a mentor to colleagues to jointly ensure a high standard of quality
- Research and experiment with the latest and greatest technologies to identify, test, and apply them to current and future projects
- Estimate engineering effort, build prototypes, and adapt code for production
- Integrate research, best practices, and industry trends to continuously improve products and avoid potential problems
- Collaborate with other technology teams to solve complex problems spanning respective areas
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.