Sr Software EngineerApply Now Apply Later Job ID 621569BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted Jan. 30, 2019
Job Summary:It’s the magic of immersing yourself in a motion picture masterpiece, or a new track from your favorite band, or the spectacle of a live Broadway show. It’s hard to define and even harder to create, but that’s what we do at The Walt Disney Studios. Ours is a culture of innovation, collaboration and creativity. We raise the bar, then step over it, blazing trails through the production and distribution of world class entertainment around the globe. If you want to help tell compelling, enduring stories through movies, music or stage plays, then we want to hear from you.
Who We Are:
The Walt Disney Studios is comprised of large team of creative professionals who produce and acquire live-action and animated motion pictures, direct-to-video content, musical recordings and live stage plays that tell memorable, life changing stories. Few media and entertainment companies can rival the brands we have the honor of bringing to the world.
As part of the Studio’s Technology team you’ll be joining a group of passionate, dedicated technologists solving a range of interesting problems in innovative ways in an exciting and dynamic industry.
We are looking for high-performing, motivated individuals who are generalists and proficient in many technologies and languages. Our team embraces disruptive thinkers who can drive software innovation.
What You Will Be Creating:
You will be instrumental in building scalable, extensible and easily maintainable solutions in support of Studio initiatives. We build and operate everything from the technology engine that keeps the Studio running to consumer applications that touch millions of people.
- Define, architect and build high-quality software solutions
- Collaborate with other software engineers and cross-functional teams
- Evangelize technologies, solutions, and best practices
- Contribute new ideas to a larger community of high-caliber professionals
- Balance resources, requirements, and complexity
- Have a track record of delivering successful, innovative solutions
- Expertise in the Java ecosystem including many of the following: [AngularJS, REST, Spring, JPA]
- Interested in technologies such as Haskell, Scala, etc.
- Experience in Agile software development
- Smart, self-driven with a keen focus on and track record of exceptional delivery of enterprise class solutions
- Passionate about technology and the possibilities that it opens up for users of our systems
- Forever student – someone who loves always learning
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Comfortable with a DevOps culture including Continuous Delivery, deployments in the cloud, fully automated
- Familiarity with entertainment industry is a plus
- BS in Computer Science or related field with 5+ years of experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.