Sr Software Engineer
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 716971BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business Parks, Experiences and Products Date posted 06/11/2019
- 4+ years of experience in full stack web development (FE and BE & DB)
- Demonstrated experience on large-scale high-traffic websites (eCommerce preferred).
- Advanced experience with modern web frameworks and libraries: Flask, React, NodeJS, Sinatra, Rails, etc
- Advanced experience with modern service/API integration and/or design (REST, GraphQL, etc)
- Knowledge of web databases (MongoDB, Postgres, MySQL)
- Familiarity with Cloud Provider Stacks (Google Cloud Platform [preferred] or AWS)
- Familiarity with software version control: Git, Github (or Gitlab)
- Demonstrated experience with Unit Testing, Functional Testing, and Code Quality best practices
- Experience building software with Docker (preferred)
- Experience with continuous integration and continuous delivery (preferred)
- Experience designing for highly used sites/systems and complex caching
- Familiarity with software development methodologies: Agile, Scrum, XP; iterative and incremental development
- Familiarity with PII, PCI, and best practices in Information Security
- Familiarity with ADA Interactivity Accessibility best practices
- Familiarity with software design patterns
- Familiarity with software modeling in UML or similar
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborate with Product, Design, and UX to solve technical issues and build amazing guest experiences
- Serve as a source of experience and as a mentor to colleagues to jointly ensure a high standard of quality
- Research and experiment with the latest and greatest technologies to identify, test, and apply them to current and future projects
- Provide technical perspective in furthering product roadmap and business requirements
- Estimate engineering effort, build prototypes, and adapt code for production
- Integrate research, best practices, and industry trends to continuously improve products and avoid potential problems
- Develop thoroughly tested code for the most challenging aspects of each product
- Collaborate with other technology teams to solve complex problems spanning respective areas
- Exercise independent judgment in methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria for obtaining results
About Parks, Experiences and Products:
The Parks, Experiences and Products segment includes Disney’s iconic travel and leisure businesses, which include six resort destinations in the United States, Europe and Asia, a top-rated cruise line, a popular vacation ownership program, and an award-winning guided family adventure business. Disney’s global consumer products operations include the world’s leading licensing business across toys, apparel, home goods, digital games and apps; the world’s largest children’s publisher; Disney store locations around the world; and the shopDisney e-commerce platform.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC, which is part of a business segment we call Parks, Experiences and Products.
Walt Disney Attractions Technology LLC is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.