Sr Software Engineer
Glendale, CA - USApply Now Apply Later
Job ID 723983BR Location Glendale, California, United States Business The Walt Disney Studios Date posted 20/11/2019
- Design, implement, and unit test complex software solutions.
- Partner with Product Development and project team to analyze business requirements, understand business goals, define project roadmaps, and define use-cases to deliver technical solutions.
- Follow coding guidelines and best practices when coding a solution and assist in continually improving the guidelines.
- Implement new functionality in the UI and backend, including state management, database access, data streaming, job processing, integration through Web Services, etc.
- Perform performance tuning, improvement, balancing, automation
- Assist QA team in understanding the requirements and review test scripts.
- Troubleshoot and resolve defects.
- Provide required implementation, configuration, and deployment documentation.
- Troubleshoot production problems and work on their resolution.
- Write technical documentation.
- Follow agile practices.
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation.
Basic Qualifications:Basic Qualifications
- Very passionate about coding
- A master of:
- Able to demonstrate knowledge in the following technologies
- Using Docker for deployment
- Experience with MongoDB
- Familiar with Kubernetes
- CS Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of applicable experience
About The Walt Disney Studios:
For over 90 years, The Walt Disney Studios has been the foundation on which The Walt Disney Company was built. Today the Studio brings quality movies, music and stage plays to consumers throughout the world. Feature films are released under the following banners: Disney, including Walt Disney Animation Studios and Pixar Animation Studios, Disneynature, Marvel Studios and Lucasfilm. The Disney Music Group encompasses the Walt Disney Records and Hollywood Records labels, as well as Disney Music Publishing. The Disney Theatrical Group produces and licenses live events, including Disney on Broadway, Disney On Ice and Disney Live!. Ours is a culture of innovation, inspiration and collaboration that brings together visionary artists, gifted technologists and savvy business minds to conjure up magical entertainment experiences for a global audience.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with Walt Disney Pictures, which is part of a business segment we call The Walt Disney Studios.
Walt Disney Pictures is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Watch Our Jobs
Sign up to receive new job alerts and company information based on your preferences.